Collective Health gives companies a smarter way to provide healthcare coverage. We believe health benefits should be simple, accessible, and technology-driven. But moreover, we believe healthcare should be grounded by the people that it serves. As Collective Health grows we are expanding our team of passionate, highly intelligent Member Advocates to question the industry’s status quo. We believe people deserve better.
Member Advocates are driven by thoughtful perseverance to find solutions to complex issues in the health benefits industry. We put the “care” back in healthcare by finding the answers to problems that no one has dared to solve. As experts in health benefits, Member Advocates truly serve as advocates for our members navigating the complex system. These interactions across phone, email and chat fuel innovation across every department. As a Member Advocate, you will immerse yourself in a rapidly-evolving healthcare industry, while mastering skills in operational efficiency, cross-departmental collaboration, and external professionalism.
What you’ll do:
- Be at the frontlines of addressing and resolving a variety of member inquiries regarding health benefits across phone, email and chat
- Distill every aspect of a member’s health insurance into simplified spoken and written prose
- Solve daunting member problems with research, intellect, grit, and compassion
- Communicate across the Operations department to find strategic solutions to member pain points
- Engage in projects across the company to improve the member experience through analysis of historical data
- You want to simplify healthcare because you believe people deserve better
- You want to work in a fast-paced high volume environment to deliver personalized and articulate service
- You are a self-proclaimed detective who can find creative solutions to challenging questions
- You are driven to become an expert in healthcare through research and collaboration
- You maintain composure and a smile on your face when juggling a high volume of tasks
- You approach personal and team targets in an organized and strategic manner
- You are comfortable navigating multiple computer applications with dexterity
- You have a Bachelor’s degree and 0-2 years of work experience (please include GPA on resume)
Collective Health gives companies a smarter way to provide healthcare coverage through technology and design. Powered by an all-in-one solution that connects and administers the entire health benefits ecosystem—health plans, benefits programs, spending accounts, employee support—their technology delivers an effortless experience for everyone. Focused on serving the 170M+ Americans who receive healthcare coverage from their employers, Collective Health has been selected by leading U.S. companies. Founded in October 2013, Collective Health is backed by NEA, Founders Fund, Google Ventures, and other leading investors. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, Calif. For more information, visit https://www.collectivehealth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Collective Health's Employees
Senior Software Engineer
After a member visits their doctor or fills a prescription, Collective Health ensures members are billed accurately and providers are paid. Erica leads the development of the interface that enables the Operations Team to quickly and accurately process claims—ensuring money flows to the right people.
Back to top