Medical Claims Specialist
We are looking for a Claims Specialist to be our Auditor and Medical Coding point-person on the Operations Team at Collective Health. The position requires deep knowledge of claims data as well as a passion for applying a systematic approach to improving and maintaining quality. You will perform internal audits of daily claims, work to improve Collective Health’s internal quality program, collaborate with external claims auditors, and provide input on payment integrity work. You will work to improve existing workflows and define new processes as needed. This is an exciting opportunity to take an iterative approach to process design and improvement at a nimble and forward-thinking organization where you will have a direct and lasting impact on claims operations.
- Perform daily audits across clients and improve internal audit program; including sampling design, identifying trends, and providing inputs into training
- Collaborate with external auditors to define audit design, provide responses, and ensure final deliverables are correct
- Participate in the review of medical claims for payment integrity issues (fraud, waste or abuse) and trends associated with billing
- Contribute new ideas for improving audit workflows and audit queries for accuracy and efficiency
- Work across operations teams to constantly improve training based on audit findings and new trends in the data
- Collaborate with engineers on improvements to tooling that will support the audit process
- 5+ years of experience and deep knowledge of claims processing, claims auditing, and medical billing/coding experience
- In depth knowledge of claims processing and coding principles including but not limited to CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10, modifier, and revenue codes, NCCI edits, and APCs
- Understanding of medical terminology and anatomy. Specific experience in payment integrity is a plus
- Strong analytical experience including statistical sampling methods, data analysis, and Excel. Knowledge of SQL is a plus
- Experience with iterative process improvement
- Strong writing skills, ability to develop presentations, checklists, and review guideline documents
- Bachelor’s degree
Collective Health is a technology company working to create the healthcare experience we all deserve. Founded in 2013, our team of engineers, designers, product managers, and actuaries are redefining the $1 trillion-dollar market of employer-sponsored health benefits with data-driven and people-focused products. Our complete health benefits solution helps great companies like Activision Blizzard, Zendesk, and Palantir take care of their people by harnessing the power of design and technology. Based in San Francisco, CA, we’re backed by some of the best investors in Silicon Valley including Google Ventures, Founders Fund, NEA, and Redpoint Ventures. For more information, visit us at https://www.collectivehealth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Collective Health's Employees
Head of Member Advocates
Theresa’s curiosity for problem-solving is a perfect fit for the Member Advocates Team because she finds ways to remedy whatever issues members might be experiencing.
Back to top