Manager, Data Science - Business Intelligence
Reimagining healthcare requires a sensitivity towards understanding complex data problems and drawing substantiated insights that help build novel products that truly improve people’s lives. Our role in administering health plans puts us a position to dig into the most granular level of America's healthcare payment infrastructure. This gives us control over our data quality, which is key for getting specific and actionable insights.
We are looking for an independently-minded, creative, and rigorous Manager to lead the Data Science team at Collective Health. This position requires a foundation in statistical analysis (both exploratory and confirmatory), data visualization and presentation skills, and a sincere passion for modeling and analyzing the complex systems towards improving healthcare. You will develop analytics of both health data and financial data using a combination of your own approaches and our proprietary data science technologies. You will work closely with teams across the company to share insights as well as evangelize the use of data analyses and internal custom tools that enable groundbreaking improvements in processes and building of novel products.
We expect to see:
- A background (BS/MS/PhD) in a data- and/or modeling-heavy discipline (e.g. statistics, computer science, operations research, quantitative finance, economics, econometrics, linguistics, neuroscience, astrophysics, atmospheric science, geophysics, etc.)
- A flair for visualization that communicate data and reveals insights
- Proficient in statistics and data modeling
- Rigorous yet creative approach to confirmatory analytics
- Comfortable with Python and software engineer workflows, fluency in SQL, and familiarity with modern BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker).
- A track record of getting stuff done with minimum supervision and shown success working with multidisciplinary teams
Superb communication skills in both technical and non-technical settings
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top