Full Stack Engineer - Automate
At Collective Health, we're modernizing employer-sponsored health insurance and building the first healthcare solution that is highly scalable, accurate, and people actually look forward to interacting with. We believe that with a modern software stack, a small, dedicated team can replace entrenched 5000-person incumbents.
Collective Health is looking for engineers to lead to join a new team focused on automating core operational processes who can work directly with our operations teams to understand their workflows and rapidly deploy new software solutions to save manual effort, flag anomalies, and improve accuracy. Accomplishing this goal is essential to allowing us to scale especially as we expand our membership.
You’ll need to be resourceful, be willing to think outside the box, contribute across multiple code bases and platforms, and excited to tackle complex data sets. The software solutions you build might range from building domain specific languages to help ops configure and manage plan designs, intelligent call and ticket routing to optimize time to address an inquiry, and software to reduce manual data entry via OCR and text analysis. Our tech stack is a distributed system of Go and Java components with an Angular.js front end. Our infrastructure is based on Docker, CoreOS, and Postgres, and we love automated testing, code review, and continuous integration.
What you’ll do:
- Move fast, rapidly prototype solutions, and work across the stack
- Provide configurable tools to empower internal teams across the ops organization
- Extend and enhance existing backend services with a focus on reducing the number of edge cases that are handled via manual intervention
- Work with data scientists to deploy machine learning based approaches to optimization to production
What we’re looking for:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
- 3+ years of software engineering experience as a full stack or backend engineer
- You have a track record of developing well-tested software with automated builds and deployment
- Experience working with our toolset is a plus. We have a microservices stack where the main actors are written in Java, Golang, Node.js, and Angular.JS. We also heavily utilize Python for data pipelines and automation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top