Engineering Manager - Engage
At Collective Health, we're modernizing employer-sponsored health insurance and building the first healthcare solution that is highly scalable, accurate, and people actually look forward to interacting with. We believe that with a modern software stack, a small, dedicated team can replace entrenched 5000-person incumbents. We are now in our 6th year of innovating US health care and we are rapidly growing in all dimensions: our customers, our users, and in the number of engineers building our health care technology solutions.
As an engineering team, we believe good code is easy to read and understand. We love automation, code reviews, and continuous integration and expect all of our engineers to continually teach as well as learn. Our company as a whole places a high priority on the overall member experience, including customer support (you shouldn't have to wait on hold ever), legal language (you shouldn't have to be a lawyer to read your health plan), and intuitive web design.
We are looking for an experienced manager capable of leading fullstack product engineers to connect our members to the right care at the right time. Collective Health is experiencing constant growth, in this role you will be responsible for growing our team by working with recruiting to hire new talent as well as develop existing team members.
You will need to lead with empathy, curiosity and a desire to solve hard problems both technical and organizational. This team owns all member facing touchpoints from our Member Portal to digital and print versions of health insurance cards and beyond. Producing these accurately and at scale takes real innovation in the healthcare space. Our tech stack is a distributed system of Java and Node services with portals written Angular and React.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to architect solutions that optimize operations workflows required to support the growing number of Collective Health customers and members
- Provide technical and team leadership on rapid short-term projects/feature development as well as longer-term development of new services
- Partner with product management to set engineering priorities, estimate scope of work, define release schedules, and track progress
- Actively foster high-quality software development through code reviews, pair-programming, and targeted feature development and when needed to unblock your team, prototype new technologies and systems, or demonstrate good coding practices
- Work with data scientists to deploy machine learning based approaches to production products and workflows
- Mentor and develop engineers
- Enable and enhance production readiness of the broader service ecosystem
If many or most of the following items apply to you, we'd love to talk.
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 7+ years of software engineering experience as a full stack or backend engineer
- Track record of developing high quality software in an automated build and deployment environment.
- Experience leading a team of engineers through a significant feature or product launch with collaboration with Product and Design.
- Well versed in agile development methodologies (i.e. scrum, kanban)
Bonus points if you have:
- MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience as a lead or manager coaching and directing the work of other engineers
Collective Health is a technology company simplifying employer healthcare to make health insurance work for everyone. With more than 200,000 members and over 45 enterprise clients—including Pinterest, Red Bull, Restoration Hardware, Activision Blizzard, and more—our technical and customer experience teams are reinventing the healthcare experience for forward-thinking employers and their people across the U.S.
Collective Health is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with additional offices in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. Founded in 2013, Collective Health is backed by the SoftBank Vision Fund, DFJ Growth, PSP Investments, NEA, GV, G Squared, Founders Fund, Maverick Ventures, Mubadala Ventures, Sun Life, and other leading investors. For more information, visit us at https://www.collectivehealth.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top