Director of Engineering - Infrastructure and SRE
- San Francisco, CA
We all depend on healthcare throughout our lifetimes, for ourselves, and our families and friends, but it is notoriously difficult to navigate and understand. As an industry that comprises 20% of the US economy we think healthcare should work better for all of us. At Collective Health we believe it’s time for a new day in healthcare where as members we are informed and empowered to make the right care choices when the decisions are urgent and critical.
As director of infrastructure and SRE, you’ll be responsible for the day to day evolution and operation of the cloud based compute, storage, event streaming, observation, and data transformation infrastructure required to change the cost curve of healthcare. This includes cost optimization, capacity planning, and incident management. You’ll work with other stakeholders to ensure the platform delivers primitives needed to build applications our customers want. You will be responsible for the forms and methods by which data is exchanged between collective health and its partners. Reliability is important to Collective Health and its customers, so you’ll work with stakeholders to adopt meaningful SLIs, SLOs, and define meaningful and reasonable error budgets. You’ll be responsible for the observability of the platform and the applications that run on it. You and your teams are responsible for learning as much as you can from failures through postmortem processes and reviews, which ensure continuous improvement of the overall platform.
- Engage with other leaders across the company to coordinate broad change management in a timely and orderly manner
- Work with Architects to implement the baseline technologies, policies and practices to build a high velocity, high security, strong compliance platform
- Plan and execute on multi year roadmaps across multiple teams and departments.
- Align multi year roadmaps to business objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8+ years of experience managing reliability focused software engineering teams in a distributed organization.
- 5+ years of hands on SRE experience
- Experience in defining the strategy and managing integrated business systems roadmap.
- Experience leading transformational, high-impact business systems initiatives.
- Proven ability to build a strong and diverse engineering culture.
- Experience working with cross-functional internal teams and external vendors to build or integrate new IT service areas.
- Demonstrated organizational, communication, leadership, and customer service skills.
- A proven track record for taking complex requirements from multiple passionate stakeholders and translating them into systems designs, architectures, and roadmaps.
- Familiarity with a wide range of infrastructure technologies, such as those used in container orchestration, data orchestration, business middleware, security, and governance.
Collective Health is a technology company simplifying employer healthcare to make health insurance work for everyone. With more than 200,000 members and over 45 enterprise clients—including Pinterest, Red Bull, Restoration Hardware, Activision Blizzard, and more—our technical and customer experience teams are reinventing the healthcare experience for forward-thinking employers and their people across the U.S.
Collective Health is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with additional offices in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. Founded in 2013, Collective Health is backed by the SoftBank Vision Fund, DFJ Growth, PSP Investments, NEA, GV, G Squared, Founders Fund, Maverick Ventures, Mubadala Ventures, Sun Life, and other leading investors. For more information, visit us at https://www.collectivehealth.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top