Backend Engineer - Claims (Chicago)
At Collective Health, we're modernizing employer-sponsored health insurance and building the first healthcare solution that is highly scalable, accurate, and people actually look forward to interacting with. We believe that with a modern software stack, a small, dedicated team can replace entrenched 5000-person incumbents.
As a backend engineer on the Claims team, you will be able to help drive the design and implementation of a Claims Processing Engine. You will be have to opportunity to work on a modern stack and leverage technologies such microservices, distributed data pipelines, docker and cloud native applications to help solve some hard problems in the healthcare industry.
As an engineering team, we believe good code is easy to read and understand. We love automation, code reviews, and continuous integration and expect all of our engineers to continually teach as well as learn. Our company as a whole places a high priority on the overall member experience, including customer support (you shouldn't have to wait on hold ever), legal language (you shouldn't have to be a lawyer to read your health plan), and intuitive web design.
What you’ll do:
- Help design and implement a highly scalable streaming data pipeline to adjudicate claims
- Implement resilient integrations with partner systems
- Work with other teams such as product managers, data scientists, QA, SREs to coordinate releases
What we’re looking for:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
- 3+ years of software engineering experience as a full stack or backend engineer
- You have a track record of developing cloud-native and well-tested software relies on robots and continuous integration, not humans, to validate builds
- Experience working with our toolset is a plus. We have a microservices stack where the main services are written mainly in Java, Scala while leveraging Spring Cloud Stream and Amazon Web Services (S3, SQS, MQ)
- Experience with scalable streaming data pipelines and reactive technologies is a plus
- Experience with HIPAA compliant systems is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top