Backend Engineer - Access Management
At Collective Health, we're modernizing employer-sponsored health insurance and building the first healthcare solution that people actually look forward to interacting with. We believe that with a modern software stack, a small, dedicated team can replace entrenched 5000-person incumbents.
Collective Health is deeply committed to both the security of sensitive data and to the ease with which our employees can get their job done, which is why we are looking to hire an engineer to join our team in expanding and refining our role-based access management system. You will be collaborating with people across domains and expertise to create an elegant RBAC solution that supports our many microservices (written in Java, Go, Node.js) and will scale as the company grows. Your contributions will be crucial to the continued success and security of Collective Health.
What you’ll do:
- Architect a scalable, configurable, and resilient Identity and Access Management system that integrates seamlessly with our microservices backend
- Design data models and workflows to store and use complex and highly configurable roles and access
- Work with people across Development, Security, and Operations to enhance and continually improve product security features
If you are looking for a challenge and most or all of the following items apply to you, please apply!
- You have experience building custom RBAC and/or IdAM systems
- You collaborate and communicate well with engineers and product managers
- You are excited about diving into complex technical domains
- You enjoy mentoring and teaching others
- You have 5+ years of software engineering work experience
- You have experience with Java or another object-oriented language
- You have a track record of developing well-tested software that relies on robots and continuous integration, not humans, to validate builds
- Prior experience working in high security environments — e.g. healthcare, financial services — is a plus
- Previous startup experience is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top