Collective Health is currently looking for an Assistant Controller to join the accounting team. Reporting into the Vice President, Controller, this role will manage the corporate accounting function and lead a growing team. The Assistant Controller will manage the monthly close process and perform accounting research and provide technical guidance as needed. You will coordinate the quarterly and annual audit deliverables and manage the relationship with the auditors. As a member of Collective Health’s accounting team, you’ll have the opportunity to help address some of the company’s trickiest accounting and reporting challenges as we scale into a world-class healthcare technology company.
- Provide training, feedback and coaching to the corporate accounting team. Guide and mentor direct reports
- Perform and supervise accounting month end close, to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting
- Produce and continue to improve accounting processes
- Take the lead on researching technical accounting issues and be able to prepare robust documentation around the findings
- Help to manage the process around annual audits
- Work to scale and expand our accounting systems
- Bachelor's degree (Finance or Accounting)
- 7+ years of public accounting experience
- A strong foundation of accounting knowledge (CPA preferred)
- Proven ability to recruit, manage, train and coach staff
- Exceptionally deadline and detail-oriented
- Experience managing a team of like-minded professionals
- Strong interpersonal skills, and start-up/tech experience a plus
- Excited to build a better health insurance company!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Collective Health's Employees
Erica H.Senior Software Engineer
After a member visits their doctor or fills a prescription, Collective Health ensures members are billed accurately and providers are paid. Erica leads the development of the interface that enables the Operations Team to quickly and accurately process claims—ensuring money flows to the right people.
Back to top