Driven by our mission to make it easier to understand, navigate, and pay for healthcare, Collective Health is evolving the way health benefits work.
The Analytics and Business Intelligence Team is a cross-collaborative team working with nearly all departments in the company. We are a creative, compassionate and data-driven group of actuaries, analysts and data scientists. We work together on larger projects, but we also spend time driving our own analyses and working directly with internal stakeholders.
Actuaries at Collective Health leverage their extensive background interpreting healthcare cost and utilization data to connect clients and internal leaders with powerful and data driven insights. In this role, the Actuary will exercise independent judgement and decision making under the coaching and mentorship of the Senior Actuary. This role is a great fit for an actuary interested in deepening their understanding of healthcare data and technology to augment their foundation of traditional actuarial knowledge.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare and interpret cost & utilization analyses for self funded plan sponsors & internal stakeholders
- Attend discussions with plan sponsors and consultants
- Design, implement & maintain actuarial models
- Mentor junior actuaries on best practices for developing actuarial analyses
- Use SQL and similar tools to manipulate and extract information from a healthcare data warehouse
- Design strategies for measuring the impact of healthcare interventions
Your skills include:
- 6+ years actuarial work experience in an insurer, consulting, or similar healthcare-focused setting
- Associate or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries
- Strong analytical, quantitative & technical skillset
- Prior experience designing and interpreting financial solutions for managing healthcare insurance risk
- Demonstrated success communicating analytical results to non-technical audiences
- Proficiency with SQL and spreadsheet analysis. Familiarity with other programming languages (Python, R) a plus.
Collective Health is a technology company simplifying employer healthcare to make health insurance work for everyone. With more than 200,000 members and over 45 enterprise clients—including Pinterest, Red Bull, Restoration Hardware, Activision Blizzard, and more—our technical and customer experience teams are reinventing the healthcare experience for forward-thinking employers and their people across the U.S.
Collective Health is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with additional offices in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. Founded in 2013, Collective Health is backed by the SoftBank Vision Fund, DFJ Growth, PSP Investments, NEA, GV, G Squared, Founders Fund, Maverick Ventures, Mubadala Ventures, Sun Life, and other leading investors. For more information, visit us at https://www.collectivehealth.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top