Temporary - Office and Clerical (no benefits)
- Hamilton, NY
Job Category Casual Wage
Position Title Temporary - Office and Clerical (no benefits)
Full Time/Part Time Part Time
Department Various (Department)
As a casual wage staff member, you may be called upon to work in one of the various Colgate departments or locations. These positions may be long or short term and can be either full time or part time, depending upon the need. Generally, the hours will fall during a typical business work day of 8:00 am - 5:00 pm but may have varying degrees of flexibility.
Job duties will be based on the particular department and skills required.
Temporary employees support various departments or locations during peak periods or employee absences.
Professional Experience/ Qualifications
Must be capable of working collegially with a diverse group of faculty, staff and students on a daily basis.
Positions may require some of the following:
- Familiarity with an office setting
- Ability to follow directions
- May require good dexterity
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as document or mail processing
- Customer Service experience in a retail environment
- Experience using a cash register
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- May require a valid driver's license
- Must be dependable and able to work flexible hours as needed
- A minimum of an Associate's degree is preferred.
Requisition Number 2018CW002P
Job Open Date 07/12/2017
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions Summary
It is the policy of Colgate University not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of their race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, disability, protected Veterans status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, being or having been victims of domestic violence or stalking, familial status, or any other categories covered by law. Colgate is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, women, persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Back to top