At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
We’re looking for a senior policy comms leader to join the Coinbase communications team. This person will be an integral part of our US policy comms apparatus. They will drive day-to-day efforts related to driving positive policy outcomes for Coinbase and the crypto community, rapid response, issues management and executive thought leadership. The successful candidate will support all parts of our policy and regulatory communications, including efforts focused on Congress, the Executive Branch, Agencies, and important statehouses.
As a communications team member, you will have the opportunity to join the ground floor of a department in a company that is revolutionizing finance and technology. You will set and execute media relations and strategy, support executive communications and work with a broad range of internal stakeholders, partners and customers.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties): To be completed by all business teams except Eng.
- Overseeing Coinbase’s media relations and strategic presence in critical policy debates within DC and key states across the country
- Providing durable and optimized plans to oversee reactive issues management and proactive relationship building with communicators and media in Washington, DC
- Analyzing policy, media, and influencer commentary to provide crisp memos and evaluation for Coinbase communications leads and the wider Coinbase Public Policy team
- Engaging with our communications agency to ensure solid and clear planning processes
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements): To be completed by all business teams except Eng.
- Operational rigor and strong attention to detail
- Creative approaches to problem solving
- Excellent political judgment
- A strong media and policy network in Washington, DC and ideally statehous look es
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and deadlines
- World-class verbal and written communication skills
- Hands-on approach across writing, social, crisis-response, and proactive communications
- Political junkie who is obsessed with news, politics, and the policymaking process
Nice to haves:
- Working knowledge of crypto, crypto protocols and crypto policy
- Experience of working with policymakers in Washington, DC
- Experience managing high-profile political and media crises
- Building measurement and analysis of press and political strategies
- Knowledge and comfort with digital content strategies across social, blogs, and marketing channels
- Strong Twitter presence and fluency in “Crypto Twitter”
Sound cool? Let's work together!
Depending on your work location, the target annual salary for this position can range from $195,500 to $230,000 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.