Cogo Labs is the technology-driven incubator behind some of the Boston area’s fastest-growing web companies. Our proprietary technologies for algorithmic marketing, data mining and quantitative business analytics enable us to guide start-ups from inception to profitability and beyond.
Are you a UI Designer who loves building elegant user experiences? Do you want to measure the effectiveness of your designs through data and testing? Then we want to talk to you. Cogo Labs is seeking a full-time designer to lead the branding, marketing, and design testing for our new and ongoing business ventures in tour incubator.
What you would do:
You will be taking the lead in building out our design and UX strategy. You will be designing (lots) and building (some) email and site experiences for new products and brands. In addition to charting new terrain, you will work with our analysts to brainstorm design tests and optimize our existing properties.
What we’re looking for:
- A solid design portfolio with an emphasis on UI and mobile design. Maybe you have a BFA in Graphic Design, maybe you’ve learned by doing the job. The important thing is that you have an extensive and varied portfolio to show us.
- Experience working with design and wireframing tools: Our design teams work with Photoshop, Illustrator and Balsamiq most days, but we are always open to suggestions.
- Strong user experience fundamentals. For you, design is as much about guiding a user to what they need as it is about crafting striking visuals.
- Willingness to step outside of your comfort zone on a regular basis.
- A few years of professional design experience. We need a self-starter who can take a bit of directional input and then take off.
Extra points if you have…
- Built out the front end within a web application framework (RoR, Django).
- Experience with email marketing and development.
- Taken a stats class. Understanding phrases like “normal distribution” and “confidence interval” is a benefit.
- Previous work with tech startups and the desire to build a business.
Things You’ll Like About Cogo Labs:
- We value and encourage creative thinking & intellectual curiosity.
- There are no silos here: you’ll have a very clear understanding of how your work matters to the company.
- You’ll find interesting new challenges every day on the forefront of online marketing.
- You’ll be part of a passionate, diverse team with broad skills and interests.
- We have fun! Frequent company outings, lunches, and parties.
- We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a relaxed work environment with plenty of perks.
Meet Some of Cogo Labs's Employees
Senior DevOps Engineer
Milo’s job as a Senior DevOps Engineer charges him with keeping all of Cogo Labs’ computer systems up and running every hour of every day.
Back to top