Quantitative Data Analyst
Cogo Labs is the technology-driven incubator behind some of the Boston area’s fastest-growing web companies. Our proprietary technologies for algorithmic marketing, data mining and quantitative business analytics enable us to guide start-ups from inception to profitability and beyond.
At Cogo Labs, we build startup companies from scratch.
We’re not venture capitalists — we’re a collaborative team of engineers, analysts, and entrepreneurs using innovative tools, big data, and intellectual curiosity to build a platform that spins up successful online businesses, fast.
As a Cogo Labs Quantitative Data Analyst, you’ll run and grow business lines within our incubator. You’ll design and implement marketing programs, analyze performance metrics, and use the insights you gain to drive growth in audience engagement and revenue. Your expertise, ideas, and hard work will have a direct and immediate impact on the success of your project.
What to expect from Cogo:
- Near-obsessive use of data to inform business decisions. We believe that efficient growth happens when we make every decision based on solid, well-directed analysis.
- Unmatched opportunity. We believe in mentoring people to grow as quickly as they can. Today’s new-grad hires are tomorrow’s leaders.
- Flexibility and novelty. Your role will define itself over time, as you identify the problems that you are uniquely capable of solving.
- A fun, supportive culture. Happy employees are the most successful. We take care of our own, and not just because it’s good business.
What we expect from you:
- A bachelor’s degree in a field that requires deep analytical thinking and problem-solving. Many of us have Math, Econ, Engineering, or Comp Sci backgrounds, but applications from all quantitative fields are welcome.
- Flexibility and self-motivation. We value the willingness to wear many hats and the commitment to work on whatever needs to get done.
- The ability to make a strong (data-driven) case when presenting findings and recommendations, while remaining curious and receptive to feedback.
- Enthusiasm for developing programming skills in Python and SQL. (Bonus points if you have previous experience!)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team, and dedication to helping your teammates learn.
- Passions and interests outside of work — you aren’t just your resume.
- Bonus points if you’ve previously been responsible for a business unit’s bottom line.
Things You’ll Like About Cogo Labs:
- We value and encourage creative thinking & intellectual curiosity.
- There are no silos here: you’ll have a very clear understanding of how your work matters to the company.
- You’ll find interesting new challenges every day on the forefront of online marketing.
- You’ll be part of a passionate, diverse team with broad skills and interests.
- We have fun! Frequent company outings, lunches, and parties.
- We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a relaxed work environment with plenty of perks.
Meet Some of Cogo Labs's Employees
Senior DevOps Engineer
Milo’s job as a Senior DevOps Engineer charges him with keeping all of Cogo Labs’ computer systems up and running every hour of every day.
Back to top