- Oslo, Norway
Cognite's Industry Solutions works with Cognite customers to rapidly build and operate innovative Data Science Solutions to high value problems. In the last year, we have grown our data science capability and have solved more than 50 use cases at more than 13 customers. Now, to efficiently deliver solutions to the hardest industrial problems at scale, we have established the Solutions Management Team alongside our DevOps and data science teams to deliver the best possible customer experience and turn our delivery experience into a compelling service product.
The Solutions Management team designs the solution journey by defining, running and productizing processes for the professional and reliable delivery of a data science solution. We work to provide the customers with predictability around development and maintenance. To do so we collaborate with the project delivery teams, consisting of project managers, data scientists, architects, and our support teams to ensure a harmonised experience from start to end.
As a Solutions Manager you will be a member of the Solutions Management team and be a key part of the broader cross-functional Industry Solutions team. Together with the team, you will work hands on guiding our customer projects to use and improve our approach. With your help we will scale how we sell, deliver and operate quality data science solutions to transform our industrial customers.
As we have recently established the Solutions Management team this is an opportunity to contribute to shaping the team within the larger Industry Solution team and delivery organisation. Industry Solutions is a supportive team where you will be expected and encouraged to share your ideas, listen to & help your colleagues, and contribute to building a safe culture.
About the role
As our new Solutions Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting our project managers and data scientists in implementing Solution Management process and activities at our customer projects
- Driving the development of methodology, standards and templates for setting up, delivering and supporting a data science project, leveraging Cognite tools
- Communicating, training and following up usage of processes, standards and templates
- Working with sales and product marketing teams to define our product externally
- Developing our ability to scale through partners through onboarding, training and project management
- Continuous improvement process of our Solution deliveries
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A degree in software engineering or data science, but relevant experience from delivering projects can compensate for lack of a formal degree
- At least 3 years experience with delivering technology (preferably Data Science) projects to external customers
- Experience of implementing processes or methodology for project deliveries, e.g. quality assurance, project reviews, decision gates etc
- It is a plus if you have experience with implementing Devops processes or similar.
- Self-driven and enthusiastic about making others succeed
- Actively reaches out to collaborate with other parts of Cognite to ensure buy in and adoption
- Good understanding of and interest in project development processes and how they can be used to continuously improve
- Good coaching and communication skills
- Keen interest in user experience
- Ability to articulate abstract concepts into concrete deliveries.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary and benefits (including pension plans, insurance, parental benefits and more)
- IT equipment and tools to allow you to be productive
- Coverage of mobile telephone subscription and subsidised home internet
- Extended private health services
- Free snacks and drinks throughout the day, to keep you running
- Subsidized lunch at the canteen, with various food options
- Free staffed gym
- Ability to use 2 hours per week for physical activities during working hours
- Social activities (book club, team sports activities - football, boxing, regular Cognite social events)
- Help to relocate to Norway
- Free Norwegian courses online for levels A1 and A2
(Please note that due to Christmas holidays in Norway, we will be responding to applicants in January. Application deadline: 31 Jan)
Cognite is a global industrial Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) leader, with an eye on the future and a drive to digitalize the industrial world. We enable the full-scale digital transformation of heavy-asset industries, and we're growing fast. We've won a lot of awards we're quite proud of [link forthcoming], and we're backed by Accel, one of the world's leading venture capital firms.
Our core software product is Cognite Data Fusion (CDF), designed to quickly contextualize OT/IT data to develop and scale company solutions. In other words, we make data do more . Our partners and clients use CDF to increase safety, improve sustainability, optimize efficiency, and drive revenue.
Our people are our strength. We recruit from around the world, and our team is quite diverse because of it: We count over 50 nationalities throughout our three global locations. We're talented, we're curious, and we're fun to be around .
Cognite is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Embracing and driving diversity and inclusion means that all qualified applicants will receive the same level of consideration for employment, training, compensation and promotion. We are following up on equal assessment in the recruitment process, and that is why we ask for gender when you apply. Answering the question is kindly requested, however, it is not mandatory and it will not affect in any way your application assessment
Back to top