Senior Site Reliability Engineer
- Oslo, Norway
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Do you have the mindset necessary to develop, instrument, and operate critical services?
Cognite AS is a global industrial Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company enabling the full-scale digital transformation of heavy-asset industries. Our core software product, Cognite Data Fusion (CDF), powers companies with contextualized OT/IT data to develop and scale solutions that increase safety, sustainability, efficiency, and drive revenue.
About the Site Reliability Engineering Team
Cognite's Data Fusion SaaS product stores and processes operational data at scale, enabling the world's largest industrial companies to make data-driven decisions. Our platform is running on both public and private clouds. The Site Reliability Engineering team works closely with the software engineers implementing core product features and ensures that the products are built to be highly available, observable and resilient. You are expected to be hands on and making changes to the codebase yourself.
About our Tech stack:
We work with open source technologies that need to run in multiple cloud environments - both public clouds (like Google Cloud Platform and Azure) and in private clouds with customer provided Kubernetes.
Managed Kubernetes (GKE, AKS, Openshift) forms the base that we build our products on top of. Where possible, we have used PaaS to store state, such as Google Bigtable, Spanner and Pubsub. We replicate data to different storage systems to be able to answer different types of queries, where PostgreSQL and Elasticsearch are important examples.
Our backend developer teams work with Java, Kotlin, Scala, Python, and Rust. CI/CD is handled by a combination of Github, Jenkins, and Spinnaker to test and deploy code to production. The infrastructure is managed as code with Terraform and Atlantis and services are monitored using Prometheus, Grafana and Lightstep.
About the job to be done:
- Establish robust reliability engineering to support our software engineering teams - you will be embedded in and work closely with them
- Enable us to run 100s of Cognite Data Fusion clusters in different regions with high availability and performance
- Nurture a reliability mindset in our engineering culture and contribute to growing the organisation's overall knowledge in this area
- A master degree in Computer Science or a similar amount of experience.
- Broad experience with DevOps practices such as CI/CD and Infrastructure as code
- Experience with large Cloud deployments on either AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Familiar with Java or similar statically typed programming languages.
- 3+ years of experience with operating software in production, preferably deployed as SaaS.
- Experience with containers and Kubernetes.
- Passion for defining the right SLOs, SLIs and SLA, measuring and exceeding them.
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
What we offer you:
- An opportunity to make an impact on the industrial future and be part of disruptive and groundbreaking projects
- Help to relocate to Norway
- Competitive salary and benefits (including pension plans, insurance, benefits and more)
- IT equipment and tools to allow you to be productive
- Coverage of mobile telephone subscription and broadband connection
- Extended private health services and free annual health check
- Free snacks and drinks throughout the day, to keep you running
- Subsidized lunch at the canteen, with various food options
- Free staffed gym
- Social activities (book club, team sports activities - football, boxing, regular Cognite social events)
- Free Norwegian courses for levels A1 and A2
Cognite is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Embracing diversity and inclusion means that all qualified applicants will receive the same level of consideration for employment, training, compensation, and promotion. We are following up on equal assessment in the recruitment process, and that is why we ask for gender when you apply. Answering the question is kindly requested, however, it is not mandatory and it will not affect in any way your application assessment.
Application deadline: ASAP
Back to top