Senior Digital Product Designer
- Kongsberg, Norway
Do you want to make sure global industry is more sustainable, efficient and human? We are looking for Designers who want to make an impact in the real world, changing how people work today and shaping the industry of tomorrow. Cognite is a young, talented, fast-growing software company with the ambition to build the world's best industrial brain. A brain to empower the digital industrial revolution on a global scale and make the industry safer, more efficient and more sustainable.
The award-winning design team at Cognite currently counts 15 designers, and we are looking to expand the team further. The design team is involved in everything from envisioning future industrial realities, laying product strategies, conceptualising new product ideas to fine-tuning existing digital products.
As part of the in-house design team at Cognite, you will be working in small cross-functional teams with product managers and developers who together \"own\" the product. You will get to follow the product through all stages; from early ideation to continuous improvement. You will struggle with understanding what really makes an industrial user tick, and you´ll get to observe first hand how they react to your carefully crafted designs. Your day-to-day responsibilities will be everything required to get the vision into reality; from gathering a deep understanding of users, to shaping product vision and concepts, and detailed UI design.
Our goal is to improve industrial sustainability and efficiency through design thinking and doing.
Who are you?
- You have at least 3-5 years experience within relevant areas of design, most probably digital product design, interaction design or service design
- You demonstrate genuine craftsmanship and love of design
- You enjoy diving into immensely complex challenges and have managed to tackle highly technical / domain-specific design problems in the past
- You love to design for the real world, not only for beautiful portfolios
- You enable the team around you to deliver thoughtfully designed digital products
- You like solving problems end to end (especially if this means learning something new!)
- You enjoy working closely together with super-powered developers
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work with and learn from some of the best people on some of the most ambitious projects found anywhere
- A creative team with experienced writers, creative technologists and product managers
- Motivation and push to be agile and fast
- A minimal amount of bureaucracy
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Weekly internal or external sharing and learning sessions
- Free food and drinks
- Flat structure with direct access to decision-makers
- Free staffed gym
- All the tools you need to be productive
- Open and friendly company culture
- High level of autonomy and ability to influence the choice of technology and product direction
- Free snacks and drinks throughout the day, to keep you running
- Subsidised lunch at the canteen, with various food options
- Norwegian classes
- Extended private health services to supplement Norway's healthcare system
What you need to do:
- Your portfolio must be linked or uploaded
- Application deadline ASAP
Cognite is a global industrial Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company enabling the full-scale digital transformation of heavy-asset industries. Our core software product, Cognite Data Fusion (CDF), powers companies with contextualized OT/IT data to develop and scale solutions that increase safety, sustainability, efficiency, and drive revenue.
Back to top