Full Stack Engineer
- Oslo, Norway
At Cognite we want to make data do more . We create software that turns industrial data into customer value. The products we develop are only possible when leading software engineers and industrial operations experts build together. We are now looking to expand our teams with more forward-leaning and product-obsessed frontend and full-stack engineers. We need engineers that can help us iterate fast on solutions and that can contribute wherever necessary to make us move fast. We are growing quickly and are hiring across several teams, including for tech lead roles.
Our teams are working on building the next generation industrial data platform and applications, across many different industries such as Oil & Gas, Engineering & Construction, Exploration, Power & Utility and Process Industries. This includes enabling all types of workflows, including analytics, to assist in making better decisions. We are a good mix of engineers, product, and design. What we have in common is that we care deeply about the user experience, and that we create products that users really want to use.
Our work environment is exciting, dynamic and intense. You will work with the best domain and industry experts: designers, product managers, backend developers, ML engineers, 3D developers and business leaders. We support one another, ask good questions, and give each other constructive feedback. Our goal is to leverage our diverse set of strengths and backgrounds to build innovative products, to think outside the ordinary, to grind through and nurture a great culture.
What you will do
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes, and technologies and own and solve problems end-to-end.
- Collaborate in a fast-paced environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Design solutions for users that help them get their jobs done.
- Design and implement elegant APIs, user experiences, and the underlying infrastructure.
- Be actively involved in setting product and technical direction.
- Be actively involved in product and technical decisions.
- Work closely with our skilled users to understand their needs and build products to help them succeed.
- Can prioritize your tasks and distribute your time and resources most efficiently to optimize for impact.
- You write well-structured, efficient, and maintainable code and actively keep the quality of the codebase in check.
- You have front-end experience in frameworks such as React, Angular, Vue, or something similar.
- Ability to learn other coding languages and use the language best fit for purpose.
- Used to work in an English-speaking environment.
As we are hiring across several teams, there are many past experiences that can be a bonus, for example:
- Past experience leading teams or projects is a big plus, the same is experience with architecting front-end tiers for complex domains
- Past experience from process industry projects
- Knowledge about Python and data analytics
- Experience with visualization / charting technologies (such as plotly.js, Highcharts or D3.js)
- Experience building mobile applications
What we offer you
- Make a real impact in one of the most exciting and fastest-growing new software companies in the world.
- Receive competitive salary and benefits including a pension plan, insurance, parental benefits, and more.
- Gain perks like a paid mobile telephone subscription and broadband connection.
- Get access to extended private health services and free yearly health checks.
- Receive a subsidized lunch at the canteen, with a number of tasty food options.
- Stay fuelled between meals with free snacks and drinks throughout the day.
- Stay in shape with a free membership to our fully-staffed gym.
- Bond with your teammates with your favourite hobby, whether it's through our book club, game nights, team sports activities, or regular Cognite social events.
- Get help to relocate you to Norway!
- An allowance of up to 10,000 NOK for Norwegian lessons
Cognite is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Embracing and driving diversity and inclusion means that all qualified applicants will receive the same level of consideration for employment, training, compensation and promotion. We are following up on equal assessment in the recruitment process, and that is why we ask for gender when you apply. Answering the question is kindly requested, however, it is not mandatory and it will not affect in any way your application assessment
Cognite is a global industrial Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) leader, with an eye on the future and a drive to digitalize the industrial world. We enable the full-scale digital transformation of heavy-asset industries, and we're growing fast. Our core software product is Cognite Data Fusion (CDF), designed to quickly contextualize OT/IT data to develop and scale company solutions. In other words, we make data do more . Our partners and clients use CDF to increase safety, improve sustainability, optimize efficiency, and drive revenue.
Our people are our strength. We recruit from around the world, and our team is quite diverse because of it: We count over 50 nationalities throughout our three global locations. We're talented, we're curious, and we're fun to be around .
Back to top