- Oslo, Norway
About the Role
At Cognite you will be encouraged and supported in writing high-quality, testable, maintainable and readable code. We care about craftsmanship and quality and we strive to create applications that impact some of the biggest, most challenging industries today and change the way industries operate tomorrow.
Our work environment is exciting, dynamic and intense. You will work with the best domain and industry experts: designers, product managers, backend developers, data scientists, 3D developers and business people. We support one another, ask good questions, and give each other constructive feedback. Our goal is to leverage our diverse set of strengths and backgrounds to build innovative products, to think outside the ordinary, to grind through and nurture a great culture.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop state-of-the-art applications using the latest and greatest technology available
- Build reusable code and libraries
- Create and contribute to open source software projects
- Participate in shaping the product you are working on
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Be part of an autonomous cross-functional team
- Help shape the culture and methodology of a rapidly growing company
Some of these statements should describe you
- Excellent skills at collaborating with designers and product managers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Proficient at using code versioning tools, such as Git/Mercurial/SVN
- Preferred experience with a state management library (Redux, MobX)
- Preferred experience with Google Cloud Platform services, Azure, and/or AWS
Why should you work for Cognite?
- Help to relocate to Norway
- Competitive salary and benefits (including pension plans, insurance, benefits and more)
- Yearly internal developer conference
- Have an opportunity to contribute to open source projects
- Work on challenging tasks in soon to be digitalized industrial environment
- Work with talented people from all over the world
- IT equipment and tools to allow you to be productive
- Coverage of mobile telephone subscription and broadband connection
- Extended private health services and free yearly health check
- Free snacks and drinks throughout the day, to keep you running
- Subsidized lunch at the canteen, with various food options
- Free staffed gym
- Social activities (book club, team sports activities - football, boxing, regular Cognite social events)
- Free Norwegian courses for levels A1 and A2
Cognite is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Embracing and driving diversity and inclusion means that all qualified applicants will receive the same level of consideration for employment, training, compensation and promotion. We are following up on equal assessment in the recruitment process, and that is why we ask for gender when you apply. Answering the question is kindly requested, however, it is not mandatory and it will not affect in any way your application assessment.
Good to know:
Application deadline: candidates will be evaluated consecutively
As we are an international company - please write you application in English.
Cognite is a global industrial Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company enabling the full-scale digital transformation of heavy-asset industries. Our core software product, Cognite Data Fusion (CDF), powers companies with contextualized OT/IT data to develop and scale solutions that increase safety, sustainability, efficiency, and drive revenue.
Headquartered in Oslo, Norway, Cognite is young, innovative, and growing fast! Now we're looking for ambitious data evangelists to help our customers around the globe to build innovative solutions on top of our platform.
Back to top