Engineering Manager - CDF
- Oslo, Norway
Cognite is a global industrial Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) leader, with an eye on the future and a drive to digitalize the industrial world. We enable the full-scale digital transformation of heavy-asset industries, and we're growing fast. Our core software product is Cognite Data Fusion (CDF), designed to quickly contextualize OT/IT data to develop and scale company solutions. In other words, we make data do more . Our partners and clients use CDF to increase safety, improve sustainability, optimize efficiency, and drive revenue.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager. Someone that functions as a collaboration catalyst and works towards great results and quality!
You are able to focus on your team's deliveries whilst at the same time seeing the total picture and what is the best for Cognite. It is important that you get energy from working as a collaborative leader and can coach a team with different competency areas. You will be responsible for running a team of approximately 20 software engineers with high competency within Azure, Java, AI, Big Data and extreme scale for distributed systems.
Some of these statements should describe you...
- You have a background from a SaaS company
- You are an experienced people manager today, or you are or have worked as a tech lead, project manager or product manager but would like to be a people manager.
- Have experience from data analysis or data science work
- Have experience working with data standards and technologies, such as:
- Database optimization
- Distributed systems
- Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure or equivalent
- Technologies like SQL, BigTable, Spanner
- Programming experience (e.g., Java, Python, Scala)
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Have the motivation to work in an high paced environment
- Are naturally curious and always ready to learn
- Have a good story about a time you created, small or large, digital impact
- Are reliable and focused
- Around 10+ yrs in the IT industry
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits (including pension plans, insurance, parental leave, and more)
- IT-equipment and tools to allow you to be productive
- Mobile phone plan and a broadband connection at home
- Extended private health services to supplement Norway's socialized healthcare system
- Free snacks and drinks throughout the day, to keep you running
- Subsidized lunch at the on-site canteen, with a variety of delicious, healthy food options
- Free staffed gym on-site
- Options for lots of social activities with your fellow Cogniters (including book club, team sports like football and boxing, as well as after-hours social events)
- We'll help to relocate you to Norway!
- Free online Norwegian courses for levels A1 - B2
Cognite is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment at work and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive the same level of consideration for employment; everyone we hire will receive the same level of consideration for training, compensation, and promotion.
We ask for gender as part of our application because we want to ensure equal assessment in the recruitment process. Your answer will help us reach this commitment! However, the question about gender is optional and your choice not to answer will not affect the assessment of your application in any way.
Our people are our strength. We recruit from around the world, and our team is quite diverse because of it: We count over 50 nationalities throughout our three global locations. We're talented, we're curious, and we're fun to be around .
Back to top