- Oslo, Norway
Cognite is a global industrial Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company enabling the full-scale digital transformation of heavy-asset industries. Our core software product, Cognite Data Fusion (CDF), powers companies with contextualized OT/IT data to develop and scale solutions that increase safety, sustainability, efficiency, and drive revenue.
About the team:
Cognite Industry Solutions works with Cognite customers to rapidly build and operate innovative Data Science Solutions (streaming models, interactive dashboards and small apps) to high value business problems. By running projects with our strategic Oil & Gas, Manufacturing, Hydropower and OEM customers, we use, improve and validate our latest technology whilst bootstrapping the digital value outtake in Industry.
In the last 18 months, we've built more than 50 solutions for strategic customers, ranging from Predictive Maintenance to Production Optimization to Schedule Optimization. We have long since learned the importance of DevOps capabilities and well-planned architecture for reducing the complexity and ultimately cost of operation of Data Science Solutions. To this end, Industry Solutions has a dedicated team of architects and software engineers -- Forge -- that supports our domain-focused data science teams with DevOps tooling and architectural guidance. After quickly becoming one of Cognite's most impactful teams, it's now time to grow our Forge team!
About the role:
As a DevOps Engineer in the Forge team you will specialize in DevOps for Data Science Solutions at our customers. You will work closely with architects in the Forge team to continually improve reference architectures for common implementation patterns and provide data science teams with automation, templates and tooling to realize these reference architectures at scale. Your goal is to reduce the cost of operations of hundreds of models, dashboards and web applications developed by our data science teams.
The result is a mix of infrastructure engineering, architecture and data science product development in a welcoming cross-functional team. Above all else, we strive to foster a supportive team environment where everyone is comfortable sharing ideas, asking for help, and learning from each other. We are looking for candidates who bring out the best in those they work with and build towards shared success.
Core Tasks & responsibilities:
As a DevOps engineer in the Forge team, your core responsibilities will be;
- Develop tools, pipelines, and shared infrastructure for data science solutions
- Develop and maintain reference architecture
- Optimize for non-functional requirements (E.g. access control, security, disaster recovery, logging, monitoring) to reach necessary service maturity for each solution
- Mentor Data Scientists towards improved code quality through code reviews, solve challenging development tasks
- Introduce new technologies to continuously improve and reduce the maintenance cost of running data science solutions
Some of these should describe you
- Strong understanding of DevOps principles and software development lifecycle using GitHub Actions, Jenkins, Spinnaker, Kustomize
- Experienced with distributed computing such as Kubernetes and managed cloud services such as GCP and/or Azure
- Working knowledge of a infrastructure as code software tool such as Terraform
- Experience delivering production grade software in languages like Python
- Have worked with data and analytics platforms
- Able to independently investigate and solve problems
- Know when to integrate instead of invent!
- Can collaborate and integrate with other Software teams across Cognite.
- Humility to both ask for help and patiently provide it
What we offer you:
- An opportunity to make an impact on the industrial future and be part of disruptive and groundbreaking projects
- Help to relocate to Norway
- Competitive salary and benefits (including pension plans, insurance, benefits and more)
- IT equipment and tools to allow you to be productive
- Coverage of mobile telephone subscription and broadband connection
- Extended private health services and free yearly health check
- Free snacks and drinks throughout the day, to keep you running
- Subsidized lunch at the canteen, with various food options
- Free staffed gym
- Social activities (book club, team sports activities - football, boxing, regular Cognite social events)
- Free Norwegian courses for levels A1 and A2
Cognite is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Embracing and driving diversity and inclusion means that all qualified applicants will receive the same level of consideration for employment, training, compensation, and promotion. We are following up on equal assessment in the recruitment process, and that is why we ask for gender when you apply. Answering the question is kindly requested, however, it is not mandatory and it will not affect in any way your application assessment.
Back to top