Customer Success Director
- Oslo, Norway
Do you want to develop Cognite's customer relationship with some of the largest heavy-asset industrial companies in the world?
Cognite is leading the charge in the Fourth Industrial Revolution, helping our partners make the data they already have do more. For the fourth year in a row, Cognite is undergoing rapid growth.
One of the teams seeing the most transformation is our Customer Success team, which partners with our most strategic customers to build relationships, learn about their businesses, and drive value based on our customers' desired outcomes. We're looking for new team members to join our team as a Customer Success Director (CSD).
The Customer Success Director is responsible for helping our new customers realize the value of our products, including the execution of their customer success plan, the achievement of their business goals, and the adoption of our product to drive greater ROI and satisfaction.
As a CSD, you will nurture long-term relationships with your portfolio of assigned customers; connect with key business executives and IT stakeholders; and develop a deep understanding of their business requirements, goals, and how they are using Cognite to meet their needs. Your primary goal will be to ensure that Cognite customers achieve their desired outcomes.
This role reports to the VP of Customer Success and will work closely with Sales and Account Management teams in cross-functional pods aligned around a specific industry.
As our new Customer Success Director, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the relationship with Cognite customers
- Developing a trusted advisor relationship with key stakeholders and executive sponsors;
- Ensuring all Cognite activities are closely aligned with the customer's business case and business strategy, allowing them to realize the full potential of Cognite's products;
- Negotiating and securing renewals for your assigned accounts
- Increasing and maintaining Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) and Net Promoter Scores(NPS)
- Nurturing partners into Cognite's customer reference program
- Developing customer success plans, charting a path to the customer's desired outcome with Cognite software, leveraging a comprehensive understanding of Cognite's products, identifying expansion opportunities for account managers to close
- Communicating the product roadmap to customers and ensuring it meets the customer's needs;
- Serving as the "voice of the customer to both product management and customer community management
- Ensuring customer engagement with newsletters, webinars, and events
- Identifying and assessing renewal risks for customers' license subscriptions and collaborate with internal teams to ameliorate
- Assisting with high severity requests or issue escalations as needed.
- At least a bachelor's degree in a relevant subject or work experience for the role;
- 5+ years of experience leading customer engagements as a customer success manager or related role;
- Knowledge of the heavy asset industry, such as oil and gas, power and utilities, or manufacturing;
- A rich understanding of customer success methodologies and practices including (but not limited to) segmentation, customer journey, and customer health scoring;
- Commercial experience in renewals and/or upselling;
- Confidence when running executive business reviews and engaging with C-level sponsors; and
- Strong writing, presentation, and communication skills, including the ability to chair meetings or host webinars
- Experience with data contextualization technology and software as a service (SaaS);
- A proven track record turning red accounts green around through a white-glove approach and partnership with customer stakeholders;
- Experience working at a high-growth scale-up organization;
- Demonstrated experience in engaging with teams across corporate functions
- A self-sufficient character able to meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities
- An ability to thrive with limited structure
- A results-oriented individual who thrives working in a fast-paced environment and maintains a calm approach when operating under pressure
- Speak a language other than English with business fluency
- Gain the opportunity to join at an early stage, and shape the team and have real impact
- An opportunity to play a big role in growth of one of the most exciting software companies in the world
- Take an active role in the development of a key corporate function in a high-growth start-up environment
- Industry-competitive salary and benefits, including pension plans, insurance, parental benefits and more
- Coverage of your mobile telephone subscription and broadband connection;
- Extended private health services and free yearly health check on site;
- Free snacks and drinks throughout the day
- Subsidized lunch at the canteen, with various food options
- Free staffed gym
- Social activities such as a book club, team sports activities like football or boxing, and regular Cognite social events; and
- Free online Norwegian courses for levels A1 and A2
Cognite is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Embracing and driving diversity and inclusion means that all qualified applicants will receive the same level of consideration for employment, training, compensation, and promotion.
To make sure we achieve equal assessment in our recruitment process, we ask you to submit your gender. While answering the question is kindly requested, it is not mandatory and it will not affect your application assessment in any way.
Application deadline: February 22th 2021
Back to top