Big Data Architect
- Oslo, Norway
Cognite is a global industrial Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company enabling the full-scale digital transformation of heavy-asset industries. Our core software product, Cognite Data Fusion (CDF), powers companies with contextualized OT/IT data to develop and scale solutions that increase safety, sustainability, efficiency, and drive revenue.
About the team:
Cognite Industry Solutions works with Cognite customers to rapidly build and operate innovative Data Science Solutions (streaming models, interactive dashboards and small apps) to high value business problems. By running projects with our strategic Oil & Gas, Manufacturing, Hydropower and OEM customers, we use, improve and validate our latest technology whilst bootstrapping the digital value outtake in Industry.
In the last 18 months, we've built more than 50 solutions for strategic customers, ranging from Predictive Maintenance to Production Optimization to Schedule Optimization. We have long since learned the importance of DevOps capabilities and well-planned architecture for reducing the complexity and ultimately cost of operation of Data Science Solutions. To this end, Industry Solutions has a dedicated team of architects and software engineers -- Forge -- that supports our domain-focused data science teams with DevOps tooling and architectural guidance. After quickly becoming one of Cognite's most impactful teams, it's now time to grow our Forge team!
About the role:
As a Data & Analytics architect in the Forge team you will be responsible for increasing the technical quality and standardization of data science solutions at our customers. You will work with our data scientists and customers to map out technical requirements and architect a robust and familiar solution made up of components that we support. When we take operational responsibility for the solution (delivering the solution as a managed service to the customer) you will quality assure and approve the implementation for acceptance into our support organization.
By working with our strategic customers, you will identify opportunities for new products and features that simplify what we do, and will work with our Data- and MLOps product managers and tech leads to continuously improve Cognite's SaaS offering.
The result is a mix of consulting, architecture and product development in a welcoming cross-functional team. Above all else, we strive to foster a supportive team environment where everyone is comfortable sharing ideas, asking for help, and learning from each other. We are looking for candidates who bring out the best in those they work with and build towards shared success.
Core Tasks & responsibilities:
As an architect, you will be an expert in how we implement solutions. Your primary responsibility will be to work with project teams to map requirements to a quality implementation ensuring that:
- The right data visualization technology is used in the right way (E.g Power BI, Grafana, Plotly Dash)
- The right data transformation technology is used in the right way (E.g Cognite Functions, Cognite Model hosting, Databricks and public cloud services)
- The data is efficiently modeled and contextualized in Cognite Data Fusion (E.g graph and relational)
- Integrations are well thought out and robust
- Important quality criteria for the solution are met (E.g. CI/CD, logging, security)
- Operational responsibility and support agreements for the delivered solution are clearly defined
As a part of the Forge team, you will also contribute to continuous improvement of how we build solutions with Cognite technology:
- Define reference architectures and work with software engineers in the Forge team to automate provisioning thereof
- Propose and provide input to the prioritization of new Cognite Data Fusion features and products
Finally, you will be a credible advisor to our customers and partners on analytics architecture.
Some of these statements should describe you:
- 5-15 years work experience and technical education (MSc preferred)
- Consulting experience that allows you to confidently negotiate requirements with customers and colleagues
- Data and analytics project experience and able to confidently lead an implementation
- Broad technical experience with data and analytics stacks
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence tools and enterprise analytics stacks (Power BI or similar)
- Familiarity with big data tooling (apache spark ecosystem)
- Experience with a public cloud, preferably Google or Azure, including familiarity with network security concepts, identity providers and application hosting
- Experience with operations, including support and change control, as well as experience architecting centralized monitoring, logging and reporting
- Have a DevOps mindset, and experience with Git, CI/CD, deployment environments
- Technical background, willing and able to dive in and contribute code for advanced topics when needed
- Pragmatic and able to prioritize
- Enjoy collaborating with both technical and non-technical colleagues and customers
- Enjoy building things and seeing them work
- Humility to both ask for help and patiently provide it
What we offer you:
- An opportunity to make an impact on the industrial future and be part of disruptive and groundbreaking projects
- Help to relocate to Norway
- Competitive salary and benefits (including pension plans, insurance, benefits and more)
- IT equipment and tools to allow you to be productive
- Coverage of mobile telephone subscription and broadband connection
- Extended private health services and free yearly health check
- Free snacks and drinks throughout the day, to keep you running
- Subsidized lunch at the canteen, with various food options
- Free staffed gym
- Social activities (book club, team sports activities - football, boxing, regular Cognite social events)
- Free Norwegian courses for levels A1 and A2
Cognite is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Embracing and driving diversity and inclusion means that all qualified applicants will receive the same level of consideration for employment, training, compensation, and promotion. We are following up on equal assessment in the recruitment process, and that is why we ask for gender when you apply. Answering the question is kindly requested, however, it is not mandatory and it will not affect in any way your application assessment.
Back to top