- Birmingham, AL
Reporting to the Manager, Threat Analysts, the Threat Analyst is responsible for actively monitoring and processing phishing threats reported by our customers
- Monitor Triage systems for new customer reported suspicious emails
- Perform initial assessment on reported suspicious emails to determine if email poses a threat to the customer, or is benign
- Initiate threat analysis case for emails that pose a threat to the customer, and escalate to Sr. Threat Analysis team member.
- Assist Sr. Threat Analysts during investigations.
- Maintain ownership of cases opened for customers including updating cases, communicating with the customer, and documenting resolution
- Assist in production of monthly customer reports
- Maintain adequacy of skills by attending approved conferences, training, and other related events
- Assist with creation and maintenance of products including updates and upgrades, backups, and troubleshooting
- Response to customer requests submitted via ticketing systems and other communication channels
- Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with Cofense will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. Cofense reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to apply critical thinking to cyber threat investigations
- Ability to recognize need for prompt escalation of malware review
- Proficient in common technologies such as networking, operating systems, email Infrastructures such as Exchange and Office 365, anti-virus programs, and advanced threat detection systems
- Proficient in common end-user applications such as web browsers and productivity applications such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint that are commonly targeted by malware
- Flexibility to work evening hour shifts if and when the job necessitates.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum 3 years general security experience or education including demonstrated ability to perform phishing and malware analysis
- Industry recognized certifications in Malware Analysis and Incident Response preferred
- 2-4 Year Degree in Computer Science or field experience preferred
Cofense is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable national, federal, state or local laws and ordinances. We adhere to these commitments in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, and discipline.
Back to top