Sr Revenue Analyst
Reporting to the Sr Manager, Revenue, the Sr Revenue Analyst’s primary responsibilities will be to manage the day-to-day revenue accounting. This position will also be responsible for maintaining policies and procedures, as well as internal controls, to ensure accurate and timely revenue recognition in accordance with US GAAP. The ideal candidate will need to have the technical and operational knowledge to effectively navigate significant parts of the quote-to-cash process, collaborating with legal and sales teams as necessary.
· Review bills to ensure accuracy and appropriateness
· Prepare journal entries and reconciliations to support the monthly, quarterly and annual close processes
· Prepare various revenue/billing metrics and analyses
· Review customer contracts/orders for proper revenue treatment
· Collaborate with sales and legal teams to ensure proper compliance with revenue recognition policies
· Prepare and maintain revenue recognition policies
· Other duties as assigned
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with Cofense will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. Cofense reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
· Strong technical accounting knowledge of ASC 606 revenue recognition
· Ability to analyze and interpret customer contracts
· Strong time management and organizational skills, capable of managing multiple projects to completion under strict deadlines
· Ability to communicate clearly with members inside and outside the department
Education and/or Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred
· 3-5 years of relevant experience in similar role
· Experience in SaaS/Software industry and public company environment preferred
· Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
· Experience with Acumatica is preferred, but not required
Cofense is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable national, federal, state or local laws and ordinances. We adhere to these commitments in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, and discipline.
Back to top