Software Engineer III
Reporting to the Manager of Software Engineering - Triage, the Software Engineer III is responsible for wearing multiple hats from viewing the architectural approach with a critical eye, making implementation decisions, and proactively communicating this with the team. This position’s deliverables and mentorship will impact the entire department.
- Understanding the approach and design decisions and creating an implementation that supports overall design
- Working with other engineers on the team, particularly more junior engineers through pair programming, open communications, and collaboration
- Actively participate in our Agile development life-cycle, including planning and grooming, stand-up, and retrospectives
- Proactively perform code reviews, give feedback, and ask questions
- Accept and lead the delivery of large complex work with minimal direction
- Solve complex problem and decompose and delegate technical tasks and activities to other team members
- Full Stack Development across all 3 tiers (client-browser/UI/frontend, server/control/Middle tier, Data/Back-end)
- SME in one or more technical areas
- Other duties as assigned
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with Cofense will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. PhishMe reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge and experience using AWS services, such as S3, RDS, and SQS
- Knowledge and experience using Spring and Hibernate
- Knowledge and experience using relational database systems especially PostgreSQL and MySQL
- Knowledge and experience using modern java-script frameworks like Vue.js, ReactJS or Angular
- Ability to comfortably develop code for and debug remote systems
- Collaborates with others, capable of working constructively with a group of people that have different skill sets and interests
- Ability to take ownership of and effectively communicate implementation decisions at various levels
- Ability to work independently and take initiative as a member of a dynamic and fast moving team
- Been an active member of an Agile team (running Scrum and Kanban) preferred
- Willingness and ability to mentor other team members preferred
- Knowledge of Docker preferred
Education and/or Experience:
- 8-10 years experience with 5 or more of the technical competencies.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs with data validation techniques
- Experience and comfort developing large scale distributed applications in a microservices architecture using Java (core, concurrency, threading)
- Competitive salary
- 401k with company match
- Health, vision, dental, disability, life insurance
- Telecom expense reimbursement
- US Telecommute
Cofense is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable national, federal, state or local laws and ordinances. We adhere to these commitments in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, and discipline.
Meet Some of Cofense's Employees
Mike W.Software Engineer II
Mike works with product managers and engineers to understand customer needs and incorporate them into products that will effectively defend customer data.
Back to top