Sales Engineer, Americas West- Renewals/Inside Sales
- Flexible / Remote
Reporting to the Senior Director of Sales Engineering, the Sales Engineer is responsible for expanding its sales organization in the Americas region, focusing on inside sales and renewals teams. In this role the Sales Engineer will engage with Sales personnel in assigned territories, guiding prospective customers through their Cofense sales experience, and providing technical assistance to the direct and channel sales teams. This position will execute and manage technical activities supporting the sales process.
- Working cohesively with the renewals and inside sales teams in the region to achieve assigned sales
- Presenting to prospective customers the entire Cofense solution suite from a technical sales perspective, highlighting the business value of our
- Excellent presentation and communication skills. Must demonstrate the capability to effectively communicate technical information and Ability to build rapport with a variety of audiences, from line technicians to C-Level Executives.
- Managing trials/POCs with multiple clients
- Completing RFPs and security questionnaires and other technical documentation as needed during the sales
- Developing and maintaining relationships with technical staff in information security departments across a variety of
- Other duties as
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with Cofense will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. Cofense reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent communication skills with the capability to build rapport with a variety of audiences, from line technicians to C-Level
- Excellent presentation skills with the capability to relay technical information and business benefit effectively.
- Highly collaborative manner, ability to work effectively with Sales colleagues and Sales Engineering peers.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy in a fast-paced, geographically dispersed organization.
- Understanding of laws and regulatory requirements driving customer IT security
- Demonstrated degree of technical aptitude and commitment to ongoing
- Ability to manage information and document work using com.
- Focused, detail-oriented, self-motivating, willing to share knowledge with
- Capable of managing multiple high priority tasks to successful
- The position will require approximately 10% travel.
Education and/or Experience:
- Four-year Bachelor of Arts or Science degree (or equivalent) preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of sales engineering in the information security field.
- Network communication experience required: strong TCP/IP skills, familiarity with SMTP, IMAP, HTTP, and other Internet protocols.
- Experience completing RFPs and customer security questionnaires to enable deal closure (or equivalent experience)
- IT security experience with strong understanding of Computer Incident Response Background in Forensics desired.
- Microsoft Exchange (on-premise and Exchange Online) administration, configuration experience preferred.
- Experience with operation and administration of security infrastructure deployed in enterprise networks: proxies, firewalls, LDAP/Active Directory, endpoint protection, software distribution, and other related technologies
- Experience with VMware, AWS and/or Azure platforms
- Experience with SIEM and/or Threat Intelligence platforms
- Hands-on experience in providing information security services such as assessments, penetration tests, social engineering testing and analysis, and other security operations
- Experience creating and managing YARA rule sets
- Hands-on experience in incident response and computer forensics
- Experience as a presenter on information security topics at conferences and events
- Familiarity with modern scripting resources (regex, PowerShell, Python, etc.)
Competitive salary and commission
- 401k with company match
- Health, vision, dental, disability, life insurance
- Telecom bonus
Preferred location is Mountain/Pacific Time zone
Cofense is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable national, federal, state or local laws and ordinances. We adhere to these commitments in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, and discipline.
Back to top