Coda started with an observation: In a world full of applications, why do documents and spreadsheets still run everything? And why haven't they been meaningfully updated in over 50 years? Coda is a new doc that's familiar and flexible like the documents you're used to, but comes with building blocks you can combine to create docs as powerful as apps. It's a big product with an even bigger mission. And we need your help to spread the word! We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists, and have assembled a world-class team across offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, and Seattle, and remote employees all over the US. In fact, all our jobs are open in any location across the US. Here's a quick overview of what we do.
About the Role
As a member of Coda's Internal Tools and Infrastructure team, you will operate as as both a full-stack engineer and an expert in the reliability and scalability of our CD pipelines, tools, and internal services. You'll work with a stellar team of passionate, experienced engineers, designers and product managers who have been instrumental in building some of the most widely-used technology products in the world, including YouTube, Google Drive/Docs, Amazon AWS, Pinterest, and Microsoft Azure.
Our current stack focuses on React, TypeScript, Python and Node with our server infrastructure running on Kubernetes and other hosted & self-hosted services in AWS and CircleCI. We believe in using the best tool for the job in hand, and don't shy away from solving hard problems! You will report directly to the head of our Business Platform Engineering team.
In this role you will:
- Manage the stability, operation, scalability, and automation of our production build and deployment pipelines
- Work with ground breaking technologies including AWS Cloud, Kubernetes, Snowflake, and Terraform
- Build solid test automation tools and frameworks
- Integrate third-party systems and tools into our data stack and primary application services
- Independently troubleshoot our systems and environments including applications, networking components and develop scripts, applications, and processes to improve system stability
- Implement changes to our tool stack and systems
- Setup, configure and maintain public, private cloud infrastructure and monitoring tools
- Ensure our teams maintain a rapid pace of smooth daily development and deployment experiences
You may be a great fit for this role if:
- Have 2+ years of industry experience in a software engineering role and have a software engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Are motivated and excel when challenged
- Have experience working building high scale and distributed web-based systems on Cloud infrastructures such as AWS, Azure or similar Cloud-based environments
- Have experience with distributed architectures/systems with scalable software that operates on multiple nodes
- Have knowledge of best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
How we care for our Codans!
Starting on your first day of employment, Coda offers a wide range of benefits and perks that support eligible employees and their family members. Some of our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Optional Remote or in-office work
- Commuter Benefits
- Cell & Internet Subsidy
- Lunch Subsidy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Parental Leave
- Annual Educational Stipend
At Coda, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Coda believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.