Software Engineer - Security
Coda is looking for a talented security engineering expert who is passionate about protecting customer data, setting company wide policies, finding practical solutions to difficult problems, and helping make your fellow employees successful. If you have experience in information security, threat modeling, authentication & authorization frameworks, and best-practice security operations, we want to talk with you. This is the first dedicated security hire for us and we intend for you to grow into a leadership position over time as the team expands.
Documents and spreadsheets have remained relatively unchanged for the last 40 years and yet these paradigms still largely dominate how businesses and people operate. We're taking a fresh approach and empowering anyone to start with something as simple as a document and easily involve this into a powerful, connected application. We believe this will be game-changing and influence the paradigms of the next 40 years.
- Design, implement, and support security-focused software to address a variety of business challenges.
- Excel in a dynamic environment with the ability to multitask and work not only on projects, but also provide operational support.
- Establish best-practice security policies across the company; including threat modeling & security-focused code reviews.
- Manage our public bug bounty program.
- Manage contracts with third party software vendors, including a regular third-party pen-test process.
- Work proficiently with minimal daily mentorship and bring mature seasoned skills when working with production systems.
- Build and maintain detailed and accurate documentation.
- Occasionally travel to meet with peer teams and business stakeholders.
- 5+ years experience in web application security
- Knowledge of web-based security protocols & frameworks.
- Knowledge of network security, authentication, and cryptography.
- Knowledge of threat modeling frameworks.
- Knowledge of AWS infrastructure with a particular focus on security (IAM, Role-based security, etc.)
This role can work from San Francisco, CA, Mountain View, CA, or Bellevue, WA.
Back to top