Coda started with an observation: In a world full of applications, why do documents and spreadsheets still run everything? And why haven't they been meaningfully updated in over 50 years? Coda is a new doc that's familiar and flexible like the documents you're used to, but comes with building blocks you can combine to create docs as powerful as apps. It's a big product with an even bigger mission. And we need your help to spread the word! We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists, and have assembled a world-class team across offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, and Seattle, and remote employees all over the US. In fact, all our jobs are open in any location across the US. Here's a quick overview of what we do.
About the Role
Coda is looking for a software engineer who will help build distributed data systems and pipelines that enable product analytics, experimentation, and business warehouses.
Your work will unlock insights allowing our team to execute with speed. Your data systems will allow us to tailor the product experience based on our customers' needs and behaviors, while simultaneously empowering our marketing and sales teams to reach and engage our users.
As a member of Coda's engineering team, you will operate as a software engineer and have the opportunity to work broadly across our product from our mobile and browser-based clients to our servers and infrastructure. You'll work closely with a stellar team of passionate, experienced engineers, data scientists, designers and product managers who've have been instrumental in building some of the most widely-used technology products in the world, including YouTube, Google Drive/Docs, Amazon AWS, Pinterest, and Microsoft Azure.
If you are data curious, excited about designing data systems and tools that have tangible impacts on our business and product, we'd love to hear from you! This is an incredible opportunity to have an outsized impact on the future direction of data within Coda.
Our current stack focuses on TypeScript, Python and Node with our server infrastructure running on Kubernetes in Amazon AWS, Snowflake for warehousing, and Apache Airflow for orchestration. We believe in using the best tool for the job in hand, and don't shy away from solving hard problems!
In this role you will:
- Building the system for collecting, processing and storing events in real time from browsers, mobile apps, servers and other third party services.
- Developing and evangelizing event schemas and logging patterns across the entire engineering team to power product analytics. Doing this with an eye towards security and compliance (such as GDPR, and CCPA).
- Building robust ETL pipelines from different sources (S3, Relational Databases) to Snowflake with Apache Airflow.
- Gathering and understanding internal data requirements, working in the team to achieve high-quality data ingestion and build systems that can process the data and transform the data, providing ad-hoc access to large data-sets
- Development of our experimentation infrastructure used for A/B testing
You may be a great fit for this role if:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a technical focused discipline such as computer science, engineering or math
- Experience building/operating available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large datasets
- You have worked with data warehousing systems such as Snowflake, Oracle, Redshift, Teradata, SQL Server, etc.
- Experience configuring and deploying into AWS (or other public clouds)
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other engineers for the best practices on the backend data engineering space
How we care for our Codans!
Starting on your first day of employment, Coda offers a wide range of benefits and perks that support eligible employees and their family members. Some of our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Optional Remote or in-office work
- Commuter Benefits
- Cell & Internet Subsidy
- Lunch Subsidy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Parental Leave
- Annual Educational Stipend
At Coda, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Coda believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.