Site Reliability Engineer
Documents and spreadsheets have remained relatively unchanged for the last 40 years and yet these paradigms still largely dominate how businesses and people operate. We're taking a fresh approach and empowering anyone to start with something as simple as a document and easily evolve this into a powerful, connected application. We believe this will be game-changing and influence the paradigms of the next 40 years.
Coda is looking for site reliability engineers to join our growing team as we deliver on the future of productivity software. We currently have multiple roles open at different levels of experience.
As a member of Coda’s SRE team, you will operate as as both a full-stack engineer and an expert in the reliability & scalability of our services. You will have the opportunity to work broadly across our product from our mobile and browser-based clients to our servers and infrastructure. You’ll work closely with a stellar team of passionate, experienced engineers, designers and product managers who've have been instrumental in building some of the most widely-used technology products in the world, including YouTube, Google Drive/Docs, Amazon AWS, Pinterest, and Microsoft Azure.
Our current stack focuses on React, TypeScript, Python and Node with our server infrastructure running on Kubernetes and other hosted & self-hosted services in AWS. We believe in using the best tool for the job in hand, and don't shy away from solving hard problems!
In this role, you'll:
- Develop, deploy, optimize, and manage resilient microservices.
- Manage the stability, operation, scalability, and automation of several critical production apps.
- Get the opportunity to work with ground breaking technologies including AWS Cloud, Kubernetes, Snowflake, and Terraform.
- Independently troubleshoot complex systems and environments including applications, networking components and develop scripts, applications, and processes to improve system stability.
- Coordinate with other technical staff to implement changes to our primary application and relevant systems.
- Setup, configure and maintain public, private cloud infrastructure.
- Setup, configure and maintain monitoring tools.
- Work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment across multiple geo-located offices (locations in Seattle, San Francisco, and Mountain View)
- Help ensure our customers have an excellent experience using Coda
- Participate in the engineering teams' on-call rotations for customer support and live production issues
You may be a great fit for this role if you:
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and enjoy collaborating with others
- Are driven, can work independently, have a strong sense of ownership, and thrive when challenged.
- Have a minimum of 2 years of industry experience in a software engineering role and have a software engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Have hands-on experience working building high scale & distributed web-based systems on Cloud infrastructures such as AWS, Azure or similar Cloud-based environments.
- Have experience with running multi-cluster Kubernetes environments and strong understanding of multi-tenancy and security implications.
- Have experience with distributed architectures/systems with optimized and scalable software that operates on a large number of nodes.
- Have experience with cloud database technologies at scale.
- Have knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
This role can work from San Francisco, Mountain View, Bellevue, or remotely.
Back to top