Associate Producer, Social Publishing
This is our story. We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
What part will you play?
The Associate Social Publishing Producer will be an experienced, enthusiastic internet and social media news junkie. A successful candidate must have previous experience in social media at a reputable media organization, must be extremely organized with exceptional communication and writing skills. This person must also have passion and drive to optimize social content and identify successful areas of interest among our social audiences.
What will you be doing?
- This is a high intensity position that requires expert multi-tasking and copy editing skills.
- Working across some of the largest news social accounts in the world, the associate producer will be part of a growing global team, creating and publishing content across Facebook, Facebook Live, Instagram, Twitter and more.
- The Associate Producer will help the team curate content, produce or edit original content and multimedia.
- Video editing experience preferred.
- This Associate Producer must also be open to working some weekend days, nights and early mornings.
What do we need from you?
- 2+ years of journalism experience - Flexible schedule - nights, early morning and weekends are required.
- A degree or a wealth of real-world experience in Communications, Journalism, Media, English, Digital Media or Interactive Technology
- Relevant experience and passion in using social media as a publishing and audience engagement tool
- Proven track record of creating engaging content (written, video, social) that drives traffic and engagement
- Sound editorial judgment - Deep understanding of multiple platforms and different devices
- Experience with Chartbeat, Crowdtangle, Newswhip and social publishing platforms is preferred.
- Basic video editing and photoshop experience is also preferred.
But wait, there's more! ·
- Paid time off every year to volunteer ·
- 2015 Best Company for Working Mothers ·
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career ·
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of CNN Digital's Employees
Original Films & Stories Producer, CNN Digital
Bree works on the team that oversees the docuseries and film segmentations on CNN, brainstorming cool ways to connect audiences between TV and digital media.
Back to top