Tier 3 Support Engineer
- Atlanta, GA
Every day, Clover devices handle the core card and point-of-sale processing for hundreds of thousands of merchants. Behind the scenes, we operate a cloud platform providing processing, storage and collaboration for merchants, application developers, service providers and our merchants' customers. Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily.
About the Role
As a Support Engineer, you will work with our call centers to triage and manage trending issues and provide internal teams (Engineering, Product, QA, etc.) with insight into the customer experience. We are looking for analytical, out-of-the-box problem solvers who are able to quickly isolate the root cause and impact of time-sensitive issues and communicate findings in a clear, concise manner to audiences of varying technical backgrounds. Ideal candidates will proactively identify gaps in our product and processes, keep relevant stakeholders informed, and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Work closely with Product, Engineering, Ops, QA, Payments, Billing and Customer Support to triage, document, monitor, and help resolve trending customer issues
- Provide operational support for launching new features, products, and in new regions
- Identify opportunities to improve the customer experience and work with the relevant teams to implement these opportunities
- Participate in a regular on-call rotation
- A high degree of technical aptitude for troubleshooting a diverse set of domains such as networking, mobile devices, web development, server infrastructure, etc.
- 1+ year of technical support experience
- Innate curiosity for solving complex problems through hypothesis-driven problem solving skills and root cause investigations
- Effective communication skills to interact with audiences of varying technical backgrounds
- Strong command of database querying languages such as SQL and the desire to expand your skills
- An ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance while adjusting to rapidly changing requirements
Nice to have:
- Experience with automation using a scripting language such as Python, Perl, Bash/Shell, etc.
- Experience as a technical team lead or manager
- Experience with automating manual processes
- Experience with gathering technical requirements
- Experience with reporting to executive management
Clover is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top