Sr. Director, Security Engineering
- Sunnyvale, CA
Sr. Director, Security Engineering
We are looking for a highly skilled, experienced, and motivated leader in security engineering to lead and grow the detection and infrastructure risk reduction program within our corporate environments. You will innovate and be able to solve security challenges at scale. You will participate in product direction and road-map planning, project execution scheduling, and hiring engineers to secure systems. A successful candidate will be a deeply curious individual who brings technical and leadership expertise, and ability to work within a fast-paced startup culture in a large company that has broad business impact.
As a Technical Manager, you will be expected to speak authoritatively on behalf of your team and your technical knowledge should demonstrate both depth and breadth. You will be responsible for aligning your team, with product and engineering organizations. Leveraging the strengths of individual team members, delegating tasks appropriately and managing the delivery of long term projects will all be critical tasks for this role. A Technical Manager has deep knowledge in their domain and is a sought after thought leader across the organization. They have both management and technical expertise and actively participate in the organization's planning processes.
- Manage a team of high functioning security engineers
- Work with the team to define and deliver short, middle, and long term strategies for securing applications and infrastructure.
- Partner with teams throughout the organization to build the relationships and trust necessary to improve the state of security
- Enable the team to deliver projects and roll out new products at scale
- Experience managing and mentoring diverse individuals (diverse in both experience and skill set)
- A broad and practical understanding of security fundamentals
- Specific experience in infrastructure security; especially with modern build and deployment techniques, and the design of secure distributed systems.
- Practical knowledge and experience working in public cloud environments (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Interested in building creative solutions to challenging security problems
- Experienced in creating security strategies and plans to meet business objectives
- Manage all security products for Clover, including application security logging, and alerting.
- Research and evaluate new technology products for pilot or proof of concept by technical teams.
- Develop and present security product roadmap, reference architecture, and implementation plans from concept to product offering.
- Lead internal and external audit and compliance reviews, gather requirements, and provide timely responses.
- Develop and drive programs to evangelize, operationalize the security mindset, vision and best practices across the company with an emphasis on gaining measurable results.
- Develop and drive approaches to identify and prevent security vulnerabilities earlier in the software development process in an automated scalable manner and work with engineering to implement these approaches.
- 10+ years of security engineering experience (Combination of infrastructure and application security).
- 7+ years of team management experience.
- 3+ years of experience creating and implementing strategic plans and roadmaps at the executive level for company wide security initiatives.
- 3+ years of experience with technical requirements, design, testing, and implementation of security tools and technologies.
- 3+ years of experience conducting project meetings, presentations and status reporting
- 3+ years of experience with Agile project methodologies (Daily Standup, Sprint Planning and Sprint Retrospective meetings)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong Knowledge and understanding of SEIM (Qradar)
- Knowledge and understanding of Puppet, Python, and Terraform a plus
- Effective in building partnerships with senior technical, functional and business leaders to forward short-term and longer term security initiatives
Back to top