Software Engineer-Data Infrastructure
Every day, Clover devices handle the core card and point-of-sale processing for hundreds of thousands of merchants. Behind the scenes, we operate a cloud platform providing processing, storage and collaboration for merchants, application developers, service providers and our merchants' customers. Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily.
Right now we are looking to build a data infrastructure team that can focus on providing data insights to our customers & our business for metrics-driven decision making.
Our Data Infrastructure Engineers are great problem solvers. They are responsible for scaling and adapting our production infrastructure to align with business demands as well as maintaining our systems to protect our merchants’ needs.
In this role, you will help build data infrastructure pipeline that can process terabytes of data and provide services that helps in providing data insights to our merchants.
In the coming year we will be growing our semi-integrated partnerships, expanding services to deal with multi-site and enterprise merchant management, and ramping existing services up for global expansion. Having good data insight is going to help with metrics driven decision making.
On a daily basis, you will spend 70-80% of your time working on building long term data solutions to support business. The other 20-30% will be spent adding performance optimizations, implementing bug fixes, and monitoring production deployments and rolling releases. We are interested in hiring leaders who are not afraid to think creatively in product discussions while not losing sight of the big picture.
- Define & Develop new data insight strategy for Clover.
- Develop services that make reporting easy
- Take ownership of the features/services you work on- from development through deployment and verification, to adding everyday monitoring
- Identify technical requirements in product meetings and assist the business team with realistic project planning
- Work with product, operation & business stakeholders to roll out projects.
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
- RDBMS experience mandatory; MySQL preferred
- Superior problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Hadoop v2, MapReduce, HDFS
- Experience building stream processing system using solutions such as Kafka and Spark.
- Good knowledge of big data querying system like Hive, pig etc.
- Familiarity with NoSQL solutions such as Cassandra is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree, or above, in computer science or other engineering discipline, or equivalent work experience
Nice to have:
- Interest in learning new technologies
- Experience with a cloud platform: AWS, Google Cloud, Rackspace, etc.
- Experience with Docker and some orchestration technologies; Kubernetes, Swarm, etc.
- Experience with scalable and highly available distributed systems
- Previous experience in payments industry
Back to top