Server Software Engineer-Data Encryption
- Colorado Springs, CO
Every day, Clover devices handle the core card and point-of-sale processing for hundreds of thousands of merchants. Behind the scenes, we operate a cloud platform providing processing, storage and collaboration for merchants, application developers, service providers and our merchants' customers. Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily. We are looking for somebody to join the team that is naturally curious about technology. We don't expect you to know everything, but you should have a positive attitude and willingness to jump in and learn something new.
Our Server Integration Team is tasked with improving/expanding our platform and product through interfaces with high-volume mission-critical systems. They work closely with the Server Infrastructure Team, Production Operations Team and Business Operations Team. Our engineers work in high-performance teams dedicated to customer success and smooth daily operations. We are pragmatic in balancing priorities and enjoy working in an iterative model where application features and server improvements are released every other week and bug-fixes are deployed as needed.
This position will focus on building and maintaining APIs for storing data securely at rest and delivering data to appropriate interested parties in a secure fashion.
- Design and implement Enterprise Integration Patterns and REST APIs for high volume and high availability system integrations in our Java server.
- Identify technical requirements in product meetings and assist the business team with realistic project planning and feature development; translate product requirements into functional, maintainable, extensible software that is in-line with company objectives
- Own your merchant-supporting services and features from development through deployment and production monitoring
- Work with the Infrastructure Team to design data models to support large-scale highly available services
- Work with QA to develop test plans/strategies
- Participate in a regular on call rotation
- 7+ years Java server experience with a focus on REST and object modeling
- Experience with encryption and cryptographic key management systems, such as Google Cloud Key Management Service (KMS)
- Passionate about debugging across technology boundaries
- Solid ability to understand, implement and adapt enterprise patterns
- Familiarity with MySQL, designing/implementing tables, and ability to query tables to support development and while researching issues
- Superior problem-solving skills and debugging capabilities
- Flexible and self driven
Nice to have:
- Interest in working with multiple parts of the stack
- Understanding of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) Concepts
- Familiarity with encryption of Data-at-Rest vs. Data-in-Transit
- Experience with a cloud platform: AWS, Google Cloud, etc.
- Experience with Android or iOS platforms
- Data analysis experience
- Fintech or SaaS experience a big plus
Back to top