Senior User Experience Researcher
- Sunnyvale, CA
Clover’s mission is to simplify the lives of business owners so they can focus on what they love. We strive to provide business owners tools and solutions that help them run, manage and grow their business with beautifully-designed, easy-to-use Point of Sale systems and financial service offerings.
Since the very first Clover Station was purchased in 2014, Clover has been helping scores of businesses save time and run their operations better. Just four years later, in September 2018, we shipped our one-millionth device. We invite you to be a part of reaching our next milestone. Join us.
We foster a culture of inclusivity, and welcome applicants of any race, religion, nationality, gender identity, age, and abilities.
What we’re looking for:
The scenario: It’s Saturday morning and you’ve stopped at a cafe for coffee. You notice that they're using your product, then 1) you can't help yourself from asking the cashier, "How is this product working for you?" and 2) you can’t wait to share what you learned with the product team.
Does this sound like you? If so, come join Clover to help grow our product team’s capacity to incorporate research-based insight and empathy into the product development process for our point of sale (POS), payment, and business tools for small business merchants (SMBs.) You will work closely with our lead UX Researcher to grow the user research practice within the Clover product team, which includes design, content strategy, and product management.
Projects span the entire Clover ecosystem: Android apps, web-based tools, POS/payments hardware, and to a lesser extent, the Android developer platform.
- Partner with product teams to identify research question(s)
- Design and execute effective studies with the right balance of methodology (evaluative and generative,) participant profile, and recruiting strategy
- Generate insights and actionable recommendations and communicate those effectively
- Engage the product and development team throughout the research process
In addition, a great candidate will:
- Think strategically about questions and approaches to learning about the SMB user experience
- Act practically and pay attention to the details of our product and the user experience
- Contribute to improving systems and processes to support user-centered design at Clover
- Learn our products well enough to demo them
- 8+ years experience in a designated research role
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Expert proficiency in whatever tools you use to get the job done.
- Experience with android app products, POS and payments, SMB products/services and working in a small business environment (yes, your high school fast food experience counts!) all pluses
- This position is based in Sunnyvale, CA. Relocation is negotiable for the right candidate.
Meet Some of Clover's Employees
Eric F.Staff Software Engineer
As a technical lead, Eric’s job is evenly split between programming and project management. Together with an engineering team, he plans how new features will work and integrates them into the software.
Back to top