Senior Software Engineer - Server
- Colorado Springs, CO
Every day, Clover devices handle the core credit card and point-of-sale processing for hundreds of thousands of merchants. Behind the scenes, we operate a cloud platform providing processing, storage and collaboration for merchants, application developers, service providers and our merchants' customers. Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily.
Clover Server application engineers are tasked with improving/expanding our Point of Sale features by designing and developing REST APIs that are used by our Android and Web engineers within Clover and external 3rd party developers as well. They work closely with the Product Team and QA. Our engineers are pragmatic in balancing priorities and enjoy working in an iterative model.
- Own one, or more, of the Point of Sale features, related to Restaurant management, Online ordering, Retail, etc; add new features, resolve bugs, and refactor/ improve the code base
- Identify technical requirements in product meetings and assist the business team with realistic project planning and feature development; translate product requirements into functional, maintainable, extensible software that is in-line with company objectives
- Take ownership of new products/features from development through deployment and production monitoring
- Write automated tests for new server features and update existing tests as needed
- Work with QA to develop test plans/strategies
- Participate in a regular on-call rotation
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent engineering field
- Minimum 2+ years of Server side development
- Proficiency with server side languages such as Python & Java and frameworks like Spring and understanding of REST APIs
- Solid understanding with database technology such as MySQL/Oracle and NoSql DB.
- Familiarity with development tools like Jenkins, Maven etc and monitoring tools like Kibana, Wavefront etc.
- Superior problem-solving skills and debugging capabilities
- Flexible and self-driven with a collaborative approach to problem-solving
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Ember and React frameworks
- Experience with distributed computing
- E-commerce / Checkout Experience
Back to top