Senior Server Engineer (AppMkt)
- Luimneach, Ireland
Every day, Clover devices handle the core credit card and point-of-sale processing for hundreds of thousands of merchants. Behind the scenes, we operate a cloud platform providing processing, storage and collaboration for merchants, application developers, service providers and our merchants' customers. Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily. We are looking for self starters with a passion for technology who want to help us impact millions of merchant’s lives one transaction at a time.
- Design and implement REST APIs for mobile (Android) and web clients including our developer dashboard and support 3rd party developers on technical integration with our APIs.
- Identify technical requirements in product meetings and assist the business team with realistic project planning and feature development; translate product requirements into functional, maintainable, extensible software that is in-line with company objectives
- Own your merchant & developer services /features from development through deployment and production monitoring
- Work with the Infrastructure Team to design data models to support large-scale highly available services
- Work with QA to develop test plans/strategies
- Participate in a regular on call rotation
- At least 4+ years of experience working on server applications and writing service.
- Strong coding skills; Java is our language of choice
- Strong knowledge of MySQL
- Experience with API design
- Superior problem-solving skills and debugging capabilities
- Flexible and motivated to learn new technologies
Nice to have:
- Experience with microservices, preferably Spring Boot
- Exposure to React and web programming
- Experience with a cloud platform, preferably Google Cloud
- Python scripting
- Knowledge and experience using ELK stack
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or equivalent
Back to top