Senior Payment Operations Engineer
- Sunnyvale, CA
Every day, Clover devices handle the core card and point-of-sale processing for hundreds of thousands of merchants. Behind the scenes, we operate a cloud platform providing processing, storage and collaboration for merchants, application developers, service providers and our merchants' customers. Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily.
We're looking for an experienced Payment Operations Engineer to help Clover continue to grow the future of payments. You will be responsible for working with a cross-functional team to ensure execution. We need you to plan and execute with sensitivity to releases, technical stack and customers as well as have a strong understanding of product features and end-user experience.
The Payment Operation Engineer will focus on improving the reliability and observability of our core payments flow.
- Building relationships with Payment and Server Infra Engineers, QA ,Customer Support and Incident Management engineers.
- Developing a deep understanding of Clover/Fiserv’s payments flow
- Monitoring and increase the reliability of the payments systems
- Own, define and manage on best practices on Payment On Call and escalations.
- Create tools and Dashboards to provide increased visibility and monitoring capabilities of Payment Services and Transactions.
- Create and maintain payment system architecture diagrams and topologies.
- Identify, prioritize, investigate and resolve payment issues
- Communicate issue impacts and end results to Leadership team
- Work with manager to translating operational pain into system and process requirements
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Cloud Services Operation
- 3+ years of experience with large to medium size e-commerce merchants or Payment vendor is preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively at a high level to various internal and external customers/partners
- An excellent problem solver, ability to quickly get to the root and common patterns of problems
- Experience in monitoring Service on AWS/GCP is required
- Hands on Experience in developing dashboards using two or more tools like Kibana, Wavefront, Splunk or Sigma is required.
- Ability to write SQL queries to pull data from Database is required
Back to top