Senior Full Stack Server Engineer
- Colorado Springs, CO
Every day, Clover and our key partners support hundreds of thousands of Small and Medium Businesses. Behind the scenes, we operate a cloud platform providing processing, storage and collaboration for merchants, application developers, service providers and our merchants' customers.
Clover full stack server engineers on the Partner Tools team are tasked with improving/expanding the platform to enable collaboration with our most powerful growth engine: Partners and ISVs. Our full Stack Engineers work closely with integration teams across the globe, the Product Infrastructure Team and designers. Our engineers are pragmatic in balancing priorities and enjoy working in an iterative model where integration and web features are released every other week.
Own one, or more, of the Partner Tools integration points and participate in the development of a number of end-to-end integrations.
- Design and add new features, resolve bugs, and refactor/ improve the code base.
- Identify technical requirements in product meetings and assist the business team with realistic project planning and feature development; translate product requirements into functional, maintainable, extensible software that is in-line with company objectives
- Take ownership of new products/features from development through deployment and production monitoring
- Write automated tests for new web & server features and update existing tests as needed
- Work with QA to develop test plans/strategies
- Participate in a regular on-call rotation
- BS with Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics degree or commensurate experience.
- Minimum 2+ years of Java Server and Web Services development
- Proficiency with fundamental front end languages such as CSS3 and HTML5 templating
- Strong understanding of Java script /Typescript also familiarity with front-end frameworks such as React, Stencil and Angular JS, etc.
- Proficiency with server side languages such as Python & Java and frameworks like Spring and understanding of REST APIs
- Good understanding with database technology such as MySQL/Oracle and NoSql DB.
- Familiarity with development tools like jenkins, maven etc and monitoring tools like kibana, wavefront etc.
- Some experience writing tests; we use Jest, Cypress.io and Selenium.
- Experience with package management systems, such as yarn, Bower, etc.
- Understanding of build systems: Webpack, Rollup, etc.
- Superior problem-solving skills and browser debugging capabilities
- Flexible and self-driven with a collaborative approach to problem-solving
Nice to Have:
- Previous experience with Ember.js frameworks
- Some exposure to CSS precompilers, such as Sass or Less
- Experience with distributed computing
- E-commerce / Checkout Experience
- Web Security
Back to top