What does an Android Engineer in Core Payments do?
As an Android Engineer in Core Payments, you will be a part of a team of people responsible for creating and maintaining a suite of Android client applications and point-of-sale APIs in a fast-paced result-oriented environment. We're looking for an experienced Android software engineer to help build, certify and operate complex payment systems. These systems allow our large fleet of smart payment terminals to process millions of transactions a day via our cloud infrastructure. Our Payments Engineers are highly capable problem solvers that are detail-oriented and self-driven. You are pragmatic in balancing priorities and enjoy working in an iterative model where requirements are constantly changing.
As an Android Engineer in Core Payments, you can look forward to:
- Adding new payments features to our existing products (such as dynamic currency conversion, offline payment support, Android Pay, Apple Pay, mobile wallets etc.)
- Designing and implementing Android applications and services that provide best in class payment flow experience for customers.
- Troubleshooting issues that may span across a wide range of device types.
- Taking ownership of specific payment components.
- Working with international certification teams and test organizations.
- Working with product management to clarify and/or create specifications.
- Triaging bugs related to payment applications and related infrastructure.
- Performing production support services as part of a regular on call rotation.
- Collaborating with Product Development, UX Designers, and QA to build quality products; including resolving complex technical issues related to projects.
- Build, test, implement and launch the solutions proposed.
- Install, configure, customize, upgrade, support and troubleshoot all technical issues related to on premise and hosted environments for mobile platforms.
- Work directly with third party vendors to define technical requirements and customize, configure and implement solutions to interface with various external systems.
- Work with senior management to define and implement technical processes and procedures within the department focusing on client satisfaction and efficiency.
- Communicating within your functional team and across Engineering to keep information flowing.
- Reviewing peer code, designs, and providing mentorship.
- Writing tests and automation to advance maturity in product testing.
- Be a team player, ability to collaborate idea sharing in a strong product setting.
- Develop native mobile applications for Android.
- Troubleshoot and analyze system level problems(deadlocks, crashes).
- Work in an agile environment, participating in planning and Scrum boards.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5 years of experience in Java.
- 2+ years of experience in Android application development.
- UI development, optimal performance, adaptation to various screen sizes.
- Familiar with 3rd party libraries for Android.
- Familiar with databases and schema design.
- Payments industry experience working with EMVco or PCI/PTS standards.
- Embedded/MCU/ARM Cortex development, RTOS, C language experience.
- Kotlin Programming.
- RXJava, functional programming, MVP/MVC design patterns.
- Experience with server technologies, REST web services, SOA.
- Familiarity with databases and schema design. (MySQL)
- iOS and/or other previous mobile development experience.
- Test driven development methodology. (UI Automator/Espresso)
Learn more about Clover & Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Join the Fintech and SaaS revolution that is helping small businesses grow faster and get the technology and insights previously available only to the "big guys." At Clover, you will be part of an entrepreneurial team working in a fast-paced and high growth environment, with the benefits of a parent company, Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today.
Clover delivers the leading Point of Sale system with an elegant end-to-end solution that incorporates beautiful devices, cloud-based POS software, payments processing, platform API's for third-party developers, and an ecosystem with over 220 apps. The Clover platform delivers solutions in a scalable and modular fashion that powers tiny merchants through large football stadiums, supporting millions of transactions daily. Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily. We are looking for self-starters with a passion for technology who want to help us impact millions of merchants' lives one transaction at a time.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.