Senior Software QA Engineer
- As a Senior Software QA Engineer you need to write Test Strategy/Test Plans for the features, automated tests, introduce the best QA practices and also need to lead the team with the right set of Test methodologies.
- Develop maintainable test automation frameworks, tools, and automated test suites, in response to growing feature set and customer requirements
- Work with the Development and QA Teams to scale up test automation practices and provide robust releases
- Develop automated test cases on a day-to-day basis in Ruby
- Troubleshoot bottlenecks and propose changes to fix them
- Develop tests that model customer configurations
- Write automated tests in ruby or python using frameworks such as mini-test, shoulda, pyunit or nose
- High energy, creative, and resourceful engineer who is results oriented
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Engineering
- 6+ years’ experience in a similar role, including at least 2+ years using agile software development methodologies
- Ruby/ Python experience for our automation is a must
- 3+ years experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Compute Engine)
- Demonstrated commitment to quality through continuous integration and test
- Test multi-tiered web applications (web servers, database servers, etc) in a public cloud environment
- Write tests for REST based API's and web services such as Single Sign On
- Configure operating systems and virtual machines in cloud environments
- Work comfortably with firewall policies, software configurations, file integrity monitoring policies and system-level user accounts
- You have a solid understanding of information security technologies and key concepts (e.g. Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention, Vulnerability Management, etc.)
- You have a proven track-record of integrating with scalable web applications
- You have a proficient understanding of computer operating system and application security.
- Ability to cope up with automation changes in fast changing environment and develop robust automation scripts
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills. Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team. Doesn’t let things fall through the cracks
- Strong knowledge of API-level testing in SAAS test environments
- Experience with developing maintainable test automation procedures and practices
- Experience with a number of different programming languages including power shell or python
- Strong commitment to best practices in SQA and software development, including modern CI processes and automating everything vision
- Strong knowledge of current quality engineering and test automation tools and processes, including JUnit, Jenkins, or comparable products
- Good to have some knowledge on Docker/Containers.
- Strong ruby development skills, able to read and write Ruby code productively
- Experience with Agile/Scrum processes and code review
At CloudPassage, we are all about making cloud computing more secure and agile for leading global enterprise companies by resolving the number one inhibitor to cloud adoption: security. This challenge requires smart, passionate, and creative people.
We invented agile security for modern infrastructure. Our platform protects the most critical business assets. Staying in front of the cloud security landscape is a huge challenge that requires expertise, creativity, hard work and intense collaboration.
Leading enterprises like Citrix, Salesforce.com, and Adobe use CloudPassage to enhance their security and compliance posture while remaining agile. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, CloudPassage is backed by Benchmark Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Meritech Capital Partners, Tenaya Capital, Shasta Ventures, Musea Ventures and other leading investors.
Top Reasons to Work With Us:
- Mesos-Managed and Container based SaaS Infrastructure
- Big data (TB scale), NoSQL, Distributed systems, Horizontal scaling (Cassandra, Kafka, Elasticsearch, etc)
- Use of latest technologies for App development (Go, Ruby, AngularJS, Flux, Webpack, etc)
- Github/open-source collaboration style of development
- Development methodologies that facilitate being nimble, as we attend to quick customer needs, as well as highly predictable as we build large capabilities that enable Enterprise customers.
- An organizational structure that fosters collaboration around Development, QA and DevOps functions.
- 50%-100% growth over the last 2 years
Meet Some of CloudPassage's Employees
VP of DevOps
Tyler keeps CloudPassage applications in check by monitoring overall system stability and infrastructure changes. By doing so, he makes sure customers receive consistent, reliable service.
Back to top