Senior Software Engineer - Backend
What You Will Be Doing
- As a Backend Services Senior Software Developer you will write high availability distributed services; will help curate a stack for large scale computing solution.
- You love distributed systems and can program in Ruby. You have had relevant (real) experience with NoSQL data modeling. Enterprise work with Java is in your background as well as an understanding of DevOps.
What You Need For This Position
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Engineering
- 5+ years experience with Python, Java (Ruby is a plus)
- 3+ years experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Compute Engine)
- You love distributed systems and can program in Go/C/Python/Ruby. You have had relevant (real) experience with NoSQL data modeling.
- Experience in Go-Lang is a big plus
- Experience in ElasticSearch, Kafka, Cassandra, Postgres, S3, Spark and other new technologies.
- You have deep understanding of REST API’s and web services technologies
- Demonstrated commitment to quality through continuous integration and test
- Experience using Python or Ruby-based testing frameworks.
- You have a solid understanding of information security technologies and key concepts (e.g. Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention, Vulnerability Management, etc.)
- You have a proven track-record of integrating with scalable web applications
- You have a proficient understanding of computer operating system and application security.
- Experience with Puppet, Chef or other IT orchestration systems is a plus
At CloudPassage, we are all about making cloud computing more secure and agile for leading global enterprise companies by resolving the number one inhibitor to cloud adoption: security. This challenge requires smart, passionate, and creative people.
We invented agile security for modern infrastructure. Our platform protects the most critical business assets. Staying in front of the cloud security landscape is a huge challenge that requires expertise, creativity, hard work and intense collaboration.
Leading enterprises like Citrix, Salesforce.com, and Adobe use CloudPassage to enhance their security and compliance posture while remaining agile. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, CloudPassage is backed by Benchmark Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Meritech Capital Partners, Tenaya Capital, Shasta Ventures, Musea Ventures and other leading investors.
Top Reasons to Work With Us:
- CloudPassage is a growing, well-funded company that is making a difference
- At the bleeding edge of security and technology
- There are a lot of smart people to work with!
- Great pay, benefits, and stock options
- Rapid career advancement (plenty of opportunities to take on additional responsibility with a fast growing company!)
- Opportunity to work with some of the biggest names for customers
- Opportunity to make an impact on customer's security issues
- Opportunity to work with “the best security tool” in the industry
- We get stuff done!
Meet Some of CloudPassage's Employees
VP of DevOps
Tyler keeps CloudPassage applications in check by monitoring overall system stability and infrastructure changes. By doing so, he makes sure customers receive consistent, reliable service.
Back to top