Lead Software Engineer - Backend
What You Will Be Doing
- As a Backend Services Lead Software Developer you will write high availability distributed services; will help curate a stack for large scale computing solution.
- Facilitate estimates for project requests; ensure timely delivery based on the estimates.
- Coach/Mentor new hires and work with developers collaboratively on project requirements
- Plan and execute efforts to address technical debt for legacy systems and processes
- Demonstrated commitment to quality through continuous integration / continuous deployment
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship
What You Need For This Position
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Engineering
- 5+ years experience with Python, Java (Ruby is a plus)
- 3+ years experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Compute Engine)
- 3+ year of Technical Lead role guiding and executing project teams
- Preferred experience in Kafka, Elastic Search, Cassandra, and Postgres
- You love distributed systems and can program in Go/C/Python/Ruby. You have had relevant (real) experience with NoSQL data modeling.
- You have a solid understanding of information security technologies and key concepts (e.g. Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention, Vulnerability Management, etc.)
- You have deep understanding of REST API’s and web services technologies
- Experience working in Agile Environment
- Prior experience in a technical leadership position and successful project deliveries.
- You have a proven track-record of integrating with scalable web applications
- You have a proficient understanding of computer operating system and application security.
- Experience with Puppet, Chef or other IT orchestration systems is a plus
At CloudPassage, we are all about making cloud computing more secure and agile for leading global enterprise companies by resolving the number one inhibitor to cloud adoption: security. This challenge requires smart, passionate, and creative people.
We invented agile security for modern infrastructure. Our platform protects the most critical business assets. Staying in front of the cloud security landscape is a huge challenge that requires expertise, creativity, hard work and intense collaboration.
Leading enterprises like Citrix, Salesforce.com, and Adobe use CloudPassage to enhance their security and compliance posture while remaining agile. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, CloudPassage is backed by Benchmark Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Meritech Capital Partners, Tenaya Capital, Shasta Ventures, Musea Ventures and other leading investors.
Top Reasons to Work With Us:
- CloudPassage is a growing, well-funded company that is making a difference
- At the bleeding edge of security and technology
- There are a lot of smart people to work with!
- Great pay, benefits, and stock options
- Rapid career advancement (plenty of opportunities to take on additional responsibility with a fast growing company!)
- Opportunity to work with some of the biggest names for customers
- Opportunity to make an impact on customer's security issues
- Opportunity to work with “the best security tool” in the industry
- We get stuff done!
Meet Some of CloudPassage's Employees
Director of Sales Engineering
Deepak manages a team of CloudPassage’s sales engineers who support enterprise sales directors and West Coast customers. His goal is to expand the company’s customer base.
Back to top