Lead Security Research Engineer
As a Content and Lead Security Research Engineer you’ll help develop and validate the content that feeds our industry leading cloud security platform by leveraging your security expertise, sysadmin knowledge and written communications skills. You should be a self starter focused on quality and efficiency. Most importantly, you will be assisting in building Security strategy and bring in new ideas to complement our cloud offering.
- Analyze, interpret and distill best practices guidelines from reputable industry sources.
- Identify initiatives in Software Vulnerability Assessment, Configuration Systems Modules and help determine improvements to data feeds for CloudPassage product offering.
- Assist in developing security strategy and in bringing new ideas to complement our existing features with new feeds for security content.
- Monitor current and future trends in infrastructure security technology and influence product and technology direction.
- Write and document security policies and other content that is ready for customer use.
- Leverage scripting languages such as Java/Python to extract and convert information as required
- Understand the nuances of, and have experience deploying, Microsoft Windows and popular Linux server operating systems (on bare metal or in the cloud)
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot application stacks (e.g., LAMP, nginix, ELK, etc.,) and database applications (e.g. No-SQL, PostgreSQL, MS-SQL, etc.).
- You have a solid understanding of information security technologies and key concepts (e.g. Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention, Vulnerability Management)
- Work comfortably at a fast-pace, often multi-tasking environment to meet customer needs.
- Work collaboratively across multi-disciplinary teams throughout the company as a subject matter expert in information security with solution and implementation focus.
- Strong understanding of information security technologies - including networking, role based management, intrusion detection, log analysis, vulnerability assessment.
- Demonstrable attention to detail, creative problem-solving and persistence in your work product
- Strong working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Familiarity with one or more virtualization technologies
- Ability to make difficult decisions rapidly and with good judgement
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Engineering
- 5+ years experience with Python (Java/JS is a plus)
- 3+ years experience developing applications in AWS or Azure
- Experience with data mining and analysis techniques
- Familiar with big data storage techniques (Cassandra, Hadoop, Kafka)
- Demonstrated commitment to quality through continuous integration and test
- You have a solid understanding of information security technologies and key concepts (e.g. Vulnerability Management, OVAL, CVE etc.)
- You have a proven track-record of integrating with scalable web applications
- Ability to work in downtown San Francisco
At CloudPassage, we are all about making cloud computing more secure and agile for leading global enterprise companies by resolving the number one inhibitor to cloud adoption: security. This challenge requires smart, passionate, and creative people.
We invented agile security for modern infrastructure. Our platform protects the most critical business assets. Staying in front of the cloud security landscape is a huge challenge that requires expertise, creativity, hard work and intense collaboration.
Leading enterprises like Citrix, Salesforce.com and Adobe use CloudPassage to enhance their security and compliance posture, while remaining agile. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, CloudPassage is backed by Benchmark Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Meritech Capital Partners, Tenaya Capital, Shasta Ventures, Musea Ventures and other leading investors.
Back to top