Technical Support Engineer - Multilingual Preferred
- Austin, TX
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department
The Customer Support Team solves complicated problems and answers technical inquiries via phone, email, chat, and social media. Whether it is a Wordpress blogger using our services for free or a global Enterprise business with petabytes of web traffic, our team is always eager to assist. We are the eyes and ears of Cloudflare, acting as the real-time voice of the customer to help communicate their needs and real-world use cases back to the rest of the company - to help build a better service and future product development.
What You’ll do
Do you love solving complex problems and interacting with people? Are you passionate about helping customers and are a standout colleague? Cloudflare is seeking a Technical Customer Support Engineer to join our team. You will work with our customers on a variety of technical support issues as well as the Technical Operations team that is responsible for running our global distributed network. This is a position where you will learn the inner workings of Cloudflare's technology and gain a deeper understanding of internet technologies.
Examples of required skills, knowledge, and experience
- Fundamental understanding how the Internet works (OSI Model)
- Experience troubleshooting DNS, SSL/TLS, HTTP, and network related issues
- Fundamental understanding of what a proxy is, how it works, and configurations involved
- You possess a web development, hosting and customer support background
- Extensive experience with command line and command line tools including curl, dig, traceroute, openssl, git, tcpdump
- Experience installing and configuring web servers like Apache, Nginx, and IIS
- Hands-on experience with Linux/Mac/Windows Operating Systems
- You have strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- You are self-driven and capable of teaching yourself new technologies/systems/features with little guidance
- 2-4 years experience working within a Technical/Customer Support team
- Passionate about working in Support, helping customers, and being a team player
- Flexibility to work varying work schedules including; Pacific & Central time, holidays, weekends, more than 5 days in a row, overtime
- Ability to work on-site
- You are familiar with Cloudflare and have a site actively using our platform
- You have the ability to read and write in multiple languages
- You are comfortable with popular CRM/CMS solutions
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Back to top