Technical Program Manager - Security
- Austin, TX
About the Department
Security at Cloudflare is a focused team committed to helping secure both Cloudflare and our customers.
About the Role
Cloudflare’s Security team secures both Cloudflare itself and the services we provide to help build a better Internet. We need to solve big security challenges at scale. Just how big?
As member of the security team working as a program manager, you will:
- Work with Security, IT, and engineering teams to discover, define, and implement our strategic vision and roadmaps across our programs.
- Develop an objective, risk-based, innovative approach to identifying and solving our highest priority security initiatives.
- Analyze, define, and revamp many of Cloudflare’s processes and internal workflows as we mature our security programs across the company.
- Build relationships and work across our many stakeholders, ensuring decisions made are in alignment with program principles.
- Write technical requirements, product manage development efforts, run and test pilots and proof of concepts, and roll out changes and updates.
- Guide and develop understanding of architectural solutions, the impact to our teams and products, and the level of effort across engineering teams.
- Balance the focus on long term vision and roadmap vs the need to ensure high risk tactical security issues are addressed.
- Partner with our Governance, Risk and Compliance team to understand policies and control standards and how that can influence or change roadmaps.
- Generate cadenced program updates, reports, and metrics for internal stakeholders as well as executive level summaries that ensures stakeholder are well informed
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 3+ years of experience in software development / product management / technical program management in a technical environment
- Experience building out programs globally and from the ground up in a technical environment
- Hands on technical experience when it comes to driving our solutions across various stakeholders
- Ability to understand the technical details and make recommendations that elevate the solution
- Foresight to understand and plan around the technical dependencies and impacts associated with other teams and projects
- Have an engineering background and/or mindset when solving problems
- Equally adept at strategy formulation and tactical execution
- Strong change management and communication skills
- Exceptional empathy and integrity. Demonstrated success in earning trust across a broad variety of stakeholders and making principled decisions
- Ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions
- Experience in or desire to work with multiple time zones and multiple cross functional teams, including travel as needed
- Ability to effectively prioritize and advance a large number of projects simultaneously
- Nice but not necessary, experience building out a mature Vulnerability Management program, implementing vulnerability management tools, and/or working with Bug Bounty programs
Back to top