Technical Program Manager - Security
- Austin, TX
About the Department
Security at Cloudflare is a focused team committed to helping secure both Cloudflare and our customers.
About the Role
Cloudflare’s Security team secures both Cloudflare itself and the services we provide to help build a better Internet. We need to solve big security challenges at scale. Just how big?
As member of the security team working as a program manager, you will:
- Work with Security, IT, and engineering teams to discover, define, and implement our strategic vision and roadmaps across our programs.
- Develop an objective, risk-based, innovative approach to identifying and solving our highest priority security initiatives.
- Analyze, define, and revamp many of Cloudflare’s processes and internal workflows as we mature our security programs across the company.
- Build relationships and work across our many stakeholders, ensuring decisions made are in alignment with program principles.
- Write technical requirements, product manage development efforts, run and test pilots and proof of concepts, and roll out changes and updates.
- Guide and develop understanding of architectural solutions, the impact to our teams and products, and the level of effort across engineering teams.
- Balance the focus on long term vision and roadmap vs the need to ensure high risk tactical security issues are addressed.
- Partner with our Governance, Risk and Compliance team to understand policies and control standards and how that can influence or change roadmaps.
- Generate cadenced program updates, reports, and metrics for internal stakeholders as well as executive level summaries that ensures stakeholder are well informed
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 3+ years of experience in software development / product management / technical program management in a technical environment
- Experience building out programs globally and from the ground up in a technical environment
- Hands on technical experience when it comes to driving our solutions across various stakeholders
- Ability to understand the technical details and make recommendations that elevate the solution
- Foresight to understand and plan around the technical dependencies and impacts associated with other teams and projects
- Have an engineering background and/or mindset when solving problems
- Equally adept at strategy formulation and tactical execution
- Strong change management and communication skills
- Exceptional empathy and integrity. Demonstrated success in earning trust across a broad variety of stakeholders and making principled decisions
- Ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions
- Experience in or desire to work with multiple time zones and multiple cross functional teams, including travel as needed
- Ability to effectively prioritize and advance a large number of projects simultaneously
- Nice but not necessary, experience building out a mature Vulnerability Management program, implementing vulnerability management tools, and/or working with Bug Bounty programs
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
220.127.116.11: We released 18.104.22.168 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Back to top