Startup Program Internship
- Austin, TX
About the role
We are looking for a self-directed and self-motivated intern who can communicate with effectiveness and empathy, whether with an audience of developers, startup founders, or investors. Candidates should have experience working at an early stage startup, founding a startup, or experience working with developers, startup founders or a university entrepreneurship program.
About the project
The #BuiltForThis Challenge is a startup pitch contest with prizes: a cash prize for the top winner, marketing lift for finalists, and Cloudflare credits for all semifinalists. The work includes coordinating a promotion campaign to drive applicants, working with startup founders, internal and external judges (other Cloudflare teams and venture capitalists), the Cloudflare TV production team, and others.
About the department
Cloudflare’s Developer Relations team is embedded within the Marketing team to improve the developer awareness and adoption of Cloudflare’s products and developer platform. The Dev Relations team helps developers in the community solve real technical problems and shine a spotlight on their work.
- Coordinate and produce the Cloudflare Startup Challenge
- Coordinate internal and external judges in the selection process for semifinalists and finalists
- Promote the Startup Challenge across partner channels and external publications
- Write copy and content for a developer audience that is relevant and engaging
- Use metrics to track success of the project and regularly report on progress or areas of opportunity
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Excellent verbal communication, public speaking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate across multiple departments
- Entrepreneurial experience / strong founder empathy / walked a mile in founder shoes
- Technical writing experience, programming experience, or conversational fluency in areas of technology behind Cloudflare’s features for developers
- Problem-solving and project management skills. Experience executing strategic and operational initiatives.
- Self-directed and self-motivated; excellent communicator and collaborator
- Ability to commit to a 12 week internship.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Back to top