Solutions Engineer - Magic Transit
About Magic Transit
Magic Transit is a software-defined networking product that offers IP transit with DDoS protection, next-gen firewall, traffic acceleration and more for your on-premise and data center networks from a single, easy-to-use interface.
What you’ll do as Solution Engineer for Magic Transit
You are the technical keystone for our teams. You will work closely with our Magic Transit customers and our internal Magic Transit product team, to educate, empower, and ensure their success while working on the Cloudflare platform. You will leverage your technical expertise in Cloudflare’s global distributed network and technology to empower our customers and make them successful in deploying Magic Transit. You will help define the onboarding process, tooling, documentation and onboard new customers via video-conference, in person, or through documentation to support the long-term success of the business relationship.
As a Solutions Engineer for Magic Transit, you are also the technical Magic Transit advocate within Cloudflare. You will work closely with every team at Cloudflare, from Sales and Product to Engineering and Customer Support. Your goal of customer and partner success should drive you through the entire organization as you seek out and create scalable solutions and processes.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
Our Solutions Engineers come from a wide range of backgrounds: financial consulting, engineering, software development, product management, customer support & project delivery. We're serious about building a diverse team. When hiring we look for diversity of experience combined with genuine curiosity for our technology in additional to core technical competencies.
Ultimately, you are passionate about technology and have the ability to explain complex technical concepts in easy-to-understand terms. You are naturally curious, and an avid builder who is not afraid to get your hands dirty. You appreciate the diversity of challenges in working with customers, and look forward to helping them realize the full promise of Cloudflare. On the Solutions Engineering Subject Matter Expert team, you will find a collaborative environment where everyone brings different strengths and jumps in to help each other.
Technical experience required for this role includes a combination of the skills below:
- Strong IT networking background and understanding of how the internet works e.g.: BGP, TCP/IP & IPv4/6, GRE tunnels, IPSec, router and L3/4 and next-gen firewalls configuration, software defined networking and overall IT networking related best practices;
Other examples include:
- Know the differences between TCP & UDP, and understand what kinds of applications may favor one over the other;
- Can explain the difference between authoritative DNS & recursive DNS;
- You understand the role of a firewall, why TLS (SSL) plays an increasingly important role on today's Internet, a solid understanding of HTTP and a willingness to dive deeper into the quirks of clients & servers alike
- Ability to lead a project, work to deadlines, and prioritize between competing demands
- Previous experience in a sales or consulting role (note: doesn't have to be in tech)
- Previous experience in a technical enablement role (note: doesn’t have to be in tech)
Back to top